Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it ready for guests?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Is it ready for guests?

Advertisements
    So because we only have 2 bedrooms in our apartment, we had to combine the guest room and office, well soon we're having our first house guest and we've never had house guests before so how does this look and what can I do to make it better?

From the doorway

Picture that will be hanging above the bed

Guest Tray?

Guest Basket

View of office portion of room

Is the tray/basket to much? TIA for any advice!!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

You are too cute! I think the room looks good, if you want to do the tray its adorable, but you dont need it!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    You are too cute! I think the room looks good, if you want to do the tray its adorable, but you dont need it!
    Thanks! I wanted to make sure it looks nice but not over done if that makes sense?
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It definitely looks nice! I think it really depends on who the guest is and your relationship with them as far as whether the tray and basket would be over-doing it.

My MIL would burst out laughing and get a kick out of a basket and tray, she would love it, but I would probably never live it down. I have an aunt who if she visited and saw that, she would start rummors about how DH and I were trying to out do the rest of the family and be snooty.

Its cute, and if you think the people visiting you would like it, I would keep it!
  5. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    It looks perfect! I would add a small lamp to the side table; it may be awkward to reach up and turn off the floor lamp when you are comfy in bed. I've heard that it's a good idea to spend the night in your guest room once to see how everything works.

I've done the basket of toiletries myself and it's always appreciated. Oh, one more thought - a clock (preferably an alarm clock).
  6. Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz
    Libertarian by Nature - Your_Anz

I feel like I want to be your house guest...

Looks nice!
    Banned
    Your room looks so cute!!! I love the idea of the tray/basket I think thats a cute idea to do for guest so incase they forgot something they have it and don't even have to feel like they have to ask
  8. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Love the guest tray idea I am going to totally steal your idea when people come to stay for my daughters graduation. I know personally I always forget stuff when I leave home and would appreciate not ruining my visit by having to run to the store right away
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    It definitely looks nice! I think it really depends on who the guest is and your relationship with them as far as whether the tray and basket would be over-doing it.

My MIL would burst out laughing and get a kick out of a basket and tray, she would love it, but I would probably never live it down. I have an aunt who if she visited and saw that, she would start rummors about how DH and I were trying to out do the rest of the family and be snooty.

Its cute, and if you think the people visiting you would like it, I would keep it!
    my MIL would probably react the same way. It's a friend coming from oversea's, she's going through a pretty stressful time right now so my idea behind the tray is to have a nice pampered/relaxed atmosphere, hopefully if anything she'll get a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    It looks perfect! I would add a small lamp to the side table; it may be awkward to reach up and turn off the floor lamp when you are comfy in bed. I've heard that it's a good idea to spend the night in your guest room once to see how everything works.

I've done the basket of toiletries myself and it's always appreciated. Oh, one more thought - a clock (preferably an alarm clock).
    Those are great idea's, I think I have a spare lamp around here somewhere to!

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Anz View Post
    I feel like I want to be your house guest...

Looks nice!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by princess2ahero View Post
    Your room looks so cute!!! I love the idea of the tray/basket I think thats a cute idea to do for guest so incase they forgot something they have it and don't even have to feel like they have to ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommie2My4Angels View Post
    Love the guest tray idea I am going to totally steal your idea when people come to stay for my daughters graduation. I know personally I always forget stuff when I leave home and would appreciate not ruining my visit by having to run to the store right away
    Yeah all she is really able to bring are some clothes, so I'm hoping if she has at least the basics here she'll be able to relax after for a bit. I also hate when I get somewhere and realize I forgot something small but necessary, I'm always kicking myself in the butt for that when we go places
  10. Senior Member
    It looks awesome! Ours is also combined with an office.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast