Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Save or shred?

1. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear

Question Save or shred?

Advertisements
    What do you do with bills you get from the doctors office that aren't really bills, but just show that insurance paid it?

I got a few this week, and I'm not sure if I should keep them or just shred them. I'm pretty sure I have a whole slew of them in a bag that I need to decide on too
  2. verabot89
    verabot89
    I hate papers so I used to just throw them out, but then I got one of those really large expandable files that I keep in the back of my closet. I have a folder for each item in my life: vet stuff, medical stuff, school loans, car stuff. Now I just file them and never look at them. Every year I try and go through and get rid of the irrelevant stuff.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

3. Senior Member
    I shred basically everything with any personal information. Better to be safe than sorry
  4. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraBot89 View Post
    I hate papers so I used to just throw them out, but then I got one of those really large expandable files that I keep in the back of my closet. I have a folder for each item in my life: vet stuff, medical stuff, school loans, car stuff. Now I just file them and never look at them. Every year I try and go through and get rid of the irrelevant stuff.
    I save everything. I'm horrible about it, so I'm trying to be better about it and get rid of things that arent necessary. I have BOXES full of paperwork
  5. Senior Member
    If they are more recent than about a year I try to save them. Then I have a pile for bank statements and stuff like that with personal information, for when I actually get a shredder.

If you don't think you'll ever need them, then shred them, better safe than sorry if its not going to cause you extra trouble!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I save everything.
  7. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

I save everything, which I don't suggest! Everything just ends up piling up. Shredding sounds like a good idea if you want to get rid of it.
  8. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Do you think there's any need for those bills though? I don't think I've ever needed anything like that, but I don't know. If I trash it, I definitely will shred it. I just don't know if I should or not
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SugaInMyPockets View Post
    Do you think there's any need for those bills though? I don't think I've ever needed anything like that, but I don't know. If I trash it, I definitely will shred it. I just don't know if I should or not
    Medical stuff I like to save because it can come back and bite you in the butt. I've honestly had my insurance company change claim statements before.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  10. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    Medical stuff I like to save because it can come back and bite you in the butt. I've honestly had my insurance company change claim statements before.
    seriously? ugh. thank you