Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Decorating Help!

1. Senior Member

Decorating Help!

Advertisements
    Some genius decided to put the breaker box in the living room. It is about 6 inches away from the corner of the room. I want to cover it up with something, but nothing that I have right now will work. It's so awkward since it's so far over into the corner. Any ideas?

That isn't the final placement of the furniture. It looks weird in the picture I need something rectangular I guess, and something that I could hang on both sides of the wall, but I am at a loss!
  2. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Hang some artwork over it

Or a purdy mirror
  3. Senior Member
    That is in a tough position to decorate around. You might need something really wide, or a series of pictures/artwork.

Just be careful about nailing anything into the wall directly above the box because you don't want to nail into the electrical wires.
  4. Senior Member
    Could you put up a like a decorative screen/ room divider in front of it like that
    Target:3 Panel Shoji Screen

or maybe a tall lamp like TEXTUR Floor/table lamp - white/flower red-orange - IKEA
    ~ Sara ~
  5. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    I would suggest a series of photos/artwork pieces. Or one over the box, something with a similar size on the opposite side, and something in the middle
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Hang a plant from the ceiling or a plant hanger in the wall in front of it. A pothos is easy to take care of and grows quickly. It will vine down and be a visual break from it.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Could you put up a like a decorative screen/ room divider in front of it like that
    Target:3 Panel Shoji Screen

or maybe a tall lamp like TEXTUR Floor/table lamp - white/flower red-orange - IKEA
    I feel like a screen would make the room feel smaller which would not be a good thing! It's a pretty small room to begin with. But a lamp may work! I think it might be a little too far from the corner though.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    Hang a plant from the ceiling or a plant hanger in the wall in front of it. A pothos is easy to take care of and grows quickly. It will vine down and be a visual break from it.
    That's a good idea! Something that doesn't need a lot of sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post
    I would suggest a series of photos/artwork pieces. Or one over the box, something with a similar size on the opposite side, and something in the middle
    I am looking at panelly type things. Or like two rectangular tapestries to hang on either side, then something in the middle. But I'm having trouble finding anything that matches my decor.