Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Base up" burning lightbulbs?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

"Base up" burning lightbulbs?

Advertisements
    I had a lightbulb go out, so I ordered some from the grocery store. They substituted chandelier bulbs. The light I'm trying to replace is just a regular cieling fan light that takes the bulbs that look like chandelier bulbs but instead of being curved at the end they are straight. I don't know what the heck they are called, it's the first time I've bought these kinds of bulbs, I normally just get the regular round ones.

Anywho, on the back of these new bulbs, it says "not recommended for base up burning". Google is not helping me figure out if I can use these or not. One site seemed to say that the only difference is the quality of light it produces, but then it said something about bulging (the site was VERY unclear). I know that chandeliers have the bulbs standing straight up, and this fan is where the lightbulb hangs down, is that what it means?

Anyone know what this means, and if I can use these bulbs without something exploding?
  2. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Sense when do light bulbs BURN?? I'm no help I've only ever seen bulbs that say not to use them upside down because they can catch fire that way....

I'd be scarred.
    Signature removed due to size.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am scared! I've already broken a dishwasher and a clothes washer this week, I don't want to explode a light too!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I call maintenance and make their ass change them lol
  5. Banned
    Banned
    actually I don't just make DH change them
  6. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    ^^^ I like the above tell maintenance you don't want to burn the place down trying to do it yourself! Haha

I'm normally too sort to change ours anyways and we don't have a ladder so I normally to in fact call for that stuff.
    Signature removed due to size.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I feel bad calling them just to change one lightbulb, they are over here enough anyway. But, they are going to be here tomorrow anyway, I'll just ask them then. I am so dumb that I never realize these things until I start threads.
  8. Senior Member
    But light bulbs are part of the deal with Base housing. They will come replace any light bulbs that burns out. Just think of it this way you are paying how much a month to live in the house you are in well included are things like maintenance and light bulb replacement. So you have already payed for the service now it is up to you to use the service you have already payed for or put additional money for the same service. Personally I would call housing and have them come do it.
    ~ Sara ~
  9. Senior Member
    From what I could find on Google, it seems that light bulbs are rated for certain positions. The position their rated for is the best position for optimal performance.

What is the brand? Maybe I can find something on their website.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    But light bulbs are part of the deal with Base housing. They will come replace any light bulbs that burns out. Just think of it this way you are paying how much a month to live in the house you are in well included are things like maintenance and light bulb replacement. So you have already payed for the service now it is up to you to use the service you have already payed for or put additional money for the same service. Personally I would call housing and have them come do it.
    Oh I know...for what we pay they should come over here and scrub my dang toilets! I just feel bad for bothering them for something so simple like a lightbulb change. The big circle light things, yes, but the regular ol' lightbulbs...I don't know, I just feel guilty. I'm weird.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast