Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: And the saga continues

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

And the saga continues

Advertisements
    Ok, so as if the cell phone fiasco, garage door breaking, laptop vs. sugar incident, the computer mouse thing, and everything else wasn't bad enough...I think my dishwasher is broken.

I loaded it up like I always do, put in the detergent stuff, turned it to the setting I wanted, and closed the door. Just like every other frickin' time I've used it. After a minute or so, it started making a really weird kind of grinding noise, and I smelled something burning. So I turned it off and opened the door. It was definitely the dishwasher that smelled that way. It smelled kind of smokey, too, but I'm pretty sure the little bit that came out was steam, not smoke.

I'm scared to call maintenance, because I am afraid I randomly did something wrong at some point and they are going to charge me to replace it, and we don't have the money. One of my friends said maybe there was a random food build up in it or something (I always rinse everything, but I guess there's a chance) but I can't figure out where I'd check for it. I tried looking online for the manual but the model is too old and not listed. I texted a friend with the same/similar model and she wasn't sure how to do it either.

So on the one hand I kind of want to wait to call maintenance...but on the other hand, what if it's some sort of electrical thing that needs attention ASAP? I guess I'll just call them. Effing great. Why does all this stuff happen when DH isn't home??

Someone please tell me this has happened to you before and there's a super obvious thing to check and fix or something.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Housing appliances just don't like you. You can't help it. Call Maintenance and tell them what it's doing. They shouldn't charge you. Not like you WANT them in and out of your house daily.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I know! I didn't even do anything wrong! When it was the oven it was just something that was out and needed to be replaced -not my fault. With the garage door, the spring was just old and broke -not my fault. I'm frickin' cursed!
  4. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    You poor thing. Hang in there. Call maintenance and get er fixed.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Maintenance is coming out tomorrow...and hopefully so are the people to fix my washer, which has also decided to die.