Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum Cleaners...

1. Banned
    Banned

Vacuum Cleaners...

Advertisements
    Okay let me start out by saying *I know Dyson's are the best and I also know that they cost upwards of $400. Unfortunately that is not an option for me right now/within the next year or so.* Everyone I speak to says Dyson Dyson Dyson despite the fact I tell them I can't afford one.

So, my Italian vacuum was a POS. It didn't work for crap and it didn't suck anything up. I ended up throwing it in the trash, and I bought a Eureka LightSpeed Upright Vacuum, Bagless, 4700D, mainly because it was one of the 3 non-dyson's available at the Exchange, and because it had the best reviews on Amazon. Luckily it was only $50, because it is even MORE of a POS. It doesn't suck anything up, it blows it all around. . I am getting VERY frustrated about how horrible it is! I feel like I am wasting my time pushing around something that doesn't suck up OBVIOUS dirt, let alone "ground in' dirt. I have NO IDEA how it has such good reviews on Amazon.

They have this dyson at the NEX, and I could afford it, Amazon.com: Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi Floor Vacuum: Home & Garden, but I've been told it's not a "real" vacuum, its for use in conjunction for "little jobs".

So if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions please let me know because I am going CRAZY with this thing!
  2. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    Sigh, I too would love to afford a Dyson..... someday.....

But anyway, we have a Bissell, and it's served us quite well.

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess07 View Post
    Sigh, I too would love to afford a Dyson..... someday.....

But anyway, we have a Bissell, and it's served us quite well.
    They had a "hard floors" vacuum at the NEX that was a Bissel. We have rugs (what we mostly use it for), so I didn't get it.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We bought an Eureka from the BXfor about $100 I believe and it works amazingly well. It has suction comparable to Dyson and I have used a Dyson before. My husband agrees with that (made him try it ) and they use Dyson at his shop. Plus the filter is cleanable and it has a tool for upholstery which I LOVE.

5. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    We bought an Eureka from the BXfor about $100 I believe and it works amazingly well. It has suction comparable to Dyson and I have used a Dyson before. My husband agrees with that (made him try it ) and they use Dyson at his shop. Plus the filter is cleanable and it has a tool for upholstery which I LOVE.

What's the model number?
  6. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    I like my Oreck vacuums. They work great and are light weight so carrying them up and down stairs doesn't suck.

Also I like having a bag in my vacuum cause I find the canisters super messy to empty personally.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    A cheap Bissell can take you a long way.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  8. Senior Member
    I just bought this bad boy last week and I LOVEEEEE it!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We have a Shark. We also have four cats, and dog, four adults, and two kids in my house right now. Including two women with a LOT of hair. It is the ONLY vacuum I have owned for more than a year without it breaking on me.

We have this one:
    Target:Shark Navigator Never Loses Suction Upright
  10. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    I have a Kirby which ended up being the best deal for me after 3 vaccum cleaners I have had it for 8 years and paid payments on it until it was paid off and it is still running amazingly well!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast