Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Painting

1. Senior Member

Painting

Advertisements
    I'm moving into a studio attached to the house I lived in a year ago... Yep the house that resulted in so many "Dear housemates..." vent threads

I don't have another choice. I responded to hella ads on craigslist and the only person that got back to me already rented the place... At least this time I won't be inside the house and I'll have my own kitchen and bathroom and the furthest I have to go inside the house is the garage to do my laundry.

It's an awesome deal. The only thing that sucks is that the same people still live there and it's kinda far from campus But I get to live with my beloved Kitty (the pitbull) again

Anyway, the person that lived there till now didn't know how to paint the walls properly and the colors she chose make me want to barf... My friend (the "landlord" and the only person I still talk to in the house) says I can paint it whatever colors I want, so I'm definitely doing it. I can't live there otherwise

Firstly, what brand of paint is good?

And secondly, I need ideas

I want turqoisey/bright blue in the bathroom, and I'm thinking about sponging it to add some excitement to it, but I'm open to other ideas!

I'm gonna leave the kitchen walls white or do some very light color

So that leaves the 3 walls in the "bedroom" area and then the closet area which is on the other side of the kitchen... well, I'm a crazy troll and I love colors. Bright colors. So I'm thinking greens and yellows, and maybe throw a cool color in there like blue. Maybe pink.

I am crazy enough to paint every wall a different color, so please give me better ideas before my studio looks like a rainbow had explosive diarrhea in there

I decided to post pics of the place so here:

kitchen

bathroom

bedroom

closet

2. Ambitiously Blonde
    Ambitiously Blonde
    I think a nice shade of granny smith apple green would look good in the kitchen.

You could do a red in the bathroom and accent with black/white and paint the shelves an alternating black/white or black with white polka dots or vice versa (maybe have a zebra print shower curtain)

Paint your bedroom wall where the bed will go a nice vibrant color and use that as a "headboard" so to speak and also put some fun wall accessories there.

If you don't mind, I'd like to photoshop to kinda give you an idea what I'm talking about maybe?
  3. Yes I miss Spell Words and my Grammar Sucks.... Get over it.
    Yes I miss Spell Words and my Grammar Sucks.... Get over it.
    I would go to home depot or lows and ask professionals, they have this great new paint at lows I think and it covers really well.

The colors would depend on your furniture imo

Your bathtub looks kinda pinkish, maybe its the picture, I don't know. We have a pink bathroom and it sucks not much I could do with it. But your bathroom is small so I wouldn't add to much color to it. Bright blue or white sounds good. When you add color to a room it tends to make the room looks smaller.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I love greens and yellows for kitchens, in fact I just did a gorgeous light green color in a recent project. I could find pictures for you if you want.

I also love the idea of teal in the bath room, maybe accented with cream or black to make it really pop.

In the bed room if you like greens and yellows I have found using a bright green like a lime color and a more neutral yellow pairs nicely. It's one of my favorite color combos and actually what is in my master suite. Once again if you wanna see colors I can post pics.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambzie View Post
    I think a nice shade of granny smith apple green would look good in the kitchen.

You could do a red in the bathroom and accent with black/white and paint the shelves an alternating black/white or black with white polka dots or vice versa (maybe have a zebra print shower curtain)

Paint your bedroom wall where the bed will go a nice vibrant color and use that as a "headboard" so to speak and also put some fun wall accessories there.

If you don't mind, I'd like to photoshop to kinda give you an idea what I'm talking about maybe?
    I don't want anything to do with red haha. Red is too constricting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyStrong View Post
    I would go to home depot or lows and ask professionals, they have this great new paint at lows I think and it covers really well.

The colors would depend on your furniture imo

Your bathtub looks kinda pinkish, maybe its the picture, I don't know. We have a pink bathroom and it sucks not much I could do with it. But your bathroom is small so I wouldn't add to much color to it. Bright blue or white sounds good. When you add color to a room it tends to make the room looks smaller.
    I haven't been inside the studio in like 2 years so I don't actually know what the bathtub looks like in real life. I won't see it till next week. I don't really mind if my bathroom looks smaller. I think that bright colors make dirtiness less noticeable and I considering I hardly have enough time to sleep during school, I can't imagine myself cleaning the bathroom as much as I should

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesGirl27 View Post
    I love greens and yellows for kitchens, in fact I just did a gorgeous light green color in a recent project. I could find pictures for you if you want.

I also love the idea of teal in the bath room, maybe accented with cream or black to make it really pop.

In the bed room if you like greens and yellows I have found using a bright green like a lime color and a more neutral yellow pairs nicely. It's one of my favorite color combos and actually what is in my master suite. Once again if you wanna see colors I can post pics.
    Yeah I wanna see! I like the idea of lime green it's my favorite color but it's not overwhelming like a darker color would be

6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollbie View Post
    Yeah I wanna see! I like the idea of lime green it's my favorite color but it's not overwhelming like a darker color would be
    This is the green and yellow that is in my room. I got the colors off of a duvet cover but I like the yellow as more of a neutral than white.
  7. Senior Member
    For brands of paint, I like Olympic. It's cheap but gets the job done nicely.

I would do a light green in the kitchen. Other than that, I've always been a fan of neutral colors. And stenciling! It can be time consuming, but it can look so beautiful.
  8. Senior Member

I want brights in the bedroom and closet area for sure. There isn't really much wall space in the kitchen so I might just leave it white...