Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Do you have an inventory?

1. Banned
    Banned

Do you have an inventory?

Advertisements
    Do you have an inventory of your household goods? I don't mean one created by moving companies, but your own personal inventory? What kinds of things are on that? Furniture? Or just electronics etc? Are their pictures?
  2. Regular Member
    I never though of keeping a personal inventory... Mine would probably be a novel!
  3. Senior Member
    We have a photographic inventory. We took pics of everything (opening each drawer and cabinet, inside around the closets, etc.) before the move and we've kept that as a home inventory. I can't tell you I have 17 pairs of white socks, but I can show you a pic of a drawer full of them, which should be close enough.

I was going to do an actual written inventory but it would be insanely time consuming. I don't want to count DH's underwear and how many CDs we have, and things like that. It would take forever. So the picture one will have to do.

We'll do another one when we leave here, so it will get updated about 3 years from when it was first done. It only took about 15 minutes to do and is a good thing to have (and to store online somewhere so that it isn't lose when you need it most, like a fire or other disaster).
  4. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I have receipts still from everything expensive we've gotten like bed frame, electronics, and new sofa. I have pictures of my jewelry, nicer name brand shoes, my purses, and then all of our important paperwork and stuff is in a fireproof safe.
    Signature removed due to size.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We have inventories of our items. I have an excel book that has spreadsheets with a listing of our CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes and video games. We started this one a long time ago and I typically update it every few months as we buy stuff.

I also have a spreadsheet for all of the electronics with descriptions and serial numbers. I also have photos of all of the electronics and all of mine and my daughters jewelry, plus three pieces of art that we have that are of high value. We have had the same insurance company since we married, and they have a duplicate of the file with photos and descriptions of the electronics, jewelry and art pieces.

I also have a file with the receipts and warranty information for big purchases, like furniture and electronics. While the warranty may no longer be valid, it would serve as proof of when it was purchased.

Then before a move, we do photos and a video walk through. I take specific photos of things like my crystal and just general condition of our items in our house. We will also zero in on existing damage if necessary.
  6. Regular Member
    I don't have one yet but plan to make one when we move and update it every time we move. I think it's necessary to have, not only for moves but for anything that happens. They have great apps for iPhone and iPad that I plan to get.
  7. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    We have inventories of our items. I have an excel book that has spreadsheets with a listing of our CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes and video games. We started this one a long time ago and I typically update it every few months as we buy stuff.

I also have a spreadsheet for all of the electronics with descriptions and serial numbers. I also have photos of all of the electronics and all of mine and my daughters jewelry, plus three pieces of art that we have that are of high value. We have had the same insurance company since we married, and they have a duplicate of the file with photos and descriptions of the electronics, jewelry and art pieces.

I also have a file with the receipts and warranty information for big purchases, like furniture and electronics. While the warranty may no longer be valid, it would serve as proof of when it was purchased.

Then before a move, we do photos and a video walk through. I take specific photos of things like my crystal and just general condition of our items in our house. We will also zero in on existing damage if necessary.
    This is exactly what our invetory is
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

We don't have an inventory of everything, but I do have receipts and serial numbers and paperwork for our expensive stuff. Basically anything we might want to make an insurance claim on.

So I think it's basically jewelry, cars, appliances, big electronics (computers/TVs) and game systems.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have an inventory via receipts of everything since we just bought pretty much everything in the house.