Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Kitchen mat's on hardwood floors...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help Kitchen mat's on hardwood floors...

Advertisements
    So I was at costco yesterday and finally found some floor mats from my kitchen that I liked...

I am a little concerned about the material though so I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had an issue with foam floor mats on their hardwoods?

If it helps they are made from "Closed Cell PVC Foam"
  2. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I don't see why you would have an issue my aunt has a memory foam mat thing in her kitchen for when she was in there cooking sense standing on the hard floor for long hurt her back and feet. Only issue that I can think of is it sliding around unless it comes with a "non-slip" part already on the bottom. It not invest in one of those none slip mats to go under it just like you would with a rug.
    Signature removed due to size.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

No worries about slipping, that sucker sticks to the floor
  4. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    That's good. I just thought of my cousin sliding across the floor with the rug into my aunts wall so I instantly thought of busting your bum or sliding into something.
    Signature removed due to size.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The sticking to the wood floors can be a bad thing. My brother's adult stepson is a floor refinisher, he told me if I had to use something, to use natural fiber rug and to put the mesh non-slip mat under it so the floor still got some air circulation. He also said that you HAVE to pick them up and make sure it's dry under them very regularly. The kind that start sticking to the floor can lift the finish off the wood and can discolor them. And all of them can trap moisture underneath.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    The sticking to the wood floors can be a bad thing. My brother's adult stepson is a floor refinisher, he told me if I had to use something, to use natural fiber rug and to put the mesh non-slip mat under it so the floor still got some air circulation. He also said that you HAVE to pick them up and make sure it's dry under them very regularly. The kind that start sticking to the floor can lift the finish off the wood and can discolor them. And all of them can trap moisture underneath.
    This was my concern. I will look into a mesh netting for underneath it, thanks hun!
    Banned
    Flooring is important to the overall look of the kitchen - and so is comfort. I highly recommend WellnessMats (Kitchen Mats | Anti fatigue mats | Garage Mats | WellnessMats). You are standing all the time in the kitchen, so you might as well be comfortable. These highly decorative, durable mats are great for your feet and you'll never want to move off of them!
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Closed due to thread age.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.