Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washer and dryer deals?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Washer and dryer deals?

Advertisements
    So it has come that time that we much purchase these...-.-
    I have been shopping for deals...trying to wait out for labor day however not having one now has been a hassle...HHgregg said they will price match if anything comes lower within 30 days.. however we really need to get a set asap..we have already put it off a couple weeks...anyone get there's there or on labor day? Any that you can recommend that won't break the bank? Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    If you are currently looking to save money until you can purchase the nice set, I recommend looking for used sets. I got our washer and dryer for $400 total and we have now had them 2 years!! I will be investing in larger nicer ones here in the next few months. I will the set I have for $200 to someone because they still work really well!!!

Peace is my wifey!!!!
  3. Senior Member
    I agree with looking at used sets. My dd and her dh bought a great front load set for $150! The lady who was selling them was getting new ones because she was tired of white, lol. They work great and would have been over $1000 new.
  4. Senior Member
    We bought a used set (about 3-5 yrs old) for $350
    They aren't all shiny and brand spankin' new, but they work and that's really all that matters
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

all I can suggest is that if you get a front loader, make sure the rubber ring around the front near the door angles down towards the drains, not lays flat.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I got my washer and drier used.
    actually, I got them at a yardsale on base the people were pcsing... I was IN active labor when I went to that yardsale because I wanted to buy a washer and drier before I had the baby.

Annyywayyys I got ours for like 200 for a top loader (wonderful for soaking nasty baby clothes) and a drier. they were less than a year old and still under warrenty.
    Banned
    Haggle. I have this Washer and the matching Dryer.

LG - 3.7 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Large Capacity Washer - Wild Cherry - WM2450HRA

Both originally go for about $1000 each, are usually on sale for about $800 or so each. I bought mine for $399 each.

I bought the set at Best Buy. It was black friday, and I haggled. Home Depot had the same set on sale, and they offer a 10% military discount. So I got Best Buy to really lower their price and give me the 10% discount.

Companies are really willing to haggle if you do the research. They want to make a profit, and move their products, and with the economy the way it is, any sales are good for them.

I would check out Best Buy, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. if you have access to any of them. A lot of time they will sell display units at a much lower cost than a brand new one. Those places also accept returns, and they can't sell a used appliance at full cost.

As for brands, I love our LG set and I love all of our Samsung appliances. I would suggest either of those.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    Haggle. I have this Washer and the matching Dryer.

LG - 3.7 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Large Capacity Washer - Wild Cherry - WM2450HRA

Both originally go for about $1000 each, are usually on sale for about $800 or so each. I bought mine for $399 each.

I bought the set at Best Buy. It was black friday, and I haggled. Home Depot had the same set on sale, and they offer a 10% military discount. So I got Best Buy to really lower their price and give me the 10% discount.

Companies are really willing to haggle if you do the research. They want to make a profit, and move their products, and with the economy the way it is, any sales are good for them.

I would check out Best Buy, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. if you have access to any of them. A lot of time they will sell display units at a much lower cost than a brand new one. Those places also accept returns, and they can't sell a used appliance at full cost.

As for brands, I love our LG set and I love all of our Samsung appliances. I would suggest either of those.
    Our best buy must blow then... I found a set on sale and no one is willing to beat it...not home depot...lowes...or best buy..best buy actually refused to do a military discount or a competitors coupon on top of what i did because it would take them *below cost*..all the places actually told me just to go to hhgregg...so apparently none of them wanted my business...no one would match sears outlet either which was the lowest but not in our area :-/
    hhgregg was willing to go a little lower...but only by 5 or 6 dollars -.-
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    all I can suggest is that if you get a front loader, make sure the rubber ring around the front near the door angles down towards the drains, not lays flat.
    what? lol...
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hbbunny04 View Post
    Our best buy must blow then... I found a set on sale and no one is willing to beat it...not home depot...lowes...or best buy..best buy actually refused to do a military discount or a competitors coupon on top of what i did because it would take them *below cost*..all the places actually told me just to go to hhgregg...so apparently none of them wanted my business...no one would match sears outlet either which was the lowest but not in our area :-/
    hhgregg was willing to go a little lower...but only by 5 or 6 dollars -.-
    How much is the set you are trying to get, and how much are you wanting to pay for it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast