Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ants!!!!

1. Senior Member

Ants!!!!

Advertisements
    I am absolutely disgusted. I keep getting horrible ants.

For example, this morning I got DH and I cereal in the box there were ants and I didn't realize this until I poured it in a bowl with milk!!!

I have used home defense on our the perimeters of the house, all doors, and windows. My DH and I don't leave ANY food out, we clean the dishes up after each use, and we take out the trash as soon as its full and we don't over stuff it. I am at a lost for what to do.

I feel like I am cleaning all the time, so there is no food possibly anywhere.

Any ideas what to do??

Peace is my wifey!!!!
  2. Senior Member
    if they are the tiny little ants,

How to Kill Ants With Household Remedies | eHow.com

hope this helps
  3. Regular Member
    eww, bust out with the Terro. I always have a supply of it ready. I can't stand ants.
  4. Senior Member
    Thank :-) I rent, so I called maintance they came and sprayed. He said if it doesn't work call back and hell get an exterminator out here to look at property!!

Peace is my wifey!!!!
  5. Senior Member
    Have you tried wiping the areas down with bleach? Sometimes that helps to keep them away.
    ~ Sara ~
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I use to get ants in my laundry basket, so we sprinkled baby powder in it. It keeps them away. I also sprinkled it around the floor boards of my bath room, and it I no longer had ants (until the baby powder got swept up lol)
  7. Senior Member
    I have been told to use dryer sheets. They don't like them for some reason. I have laid a few down on the floor where I see them the most, and they seem to be staying away.
  8. Senior Member
    Does this sound like a bigger problem... My dog tore up a piece of carpet in the dining room and I usually pull it up to swept any crumbs or anything. I lifted it up today and there a zillion ants!!!!!

Peace is my wifey!!!!
  9. Senior Member
    Sprinkle cinnamon! My mom swears by it! She also used this gooey brown stuff that you squirt wherever you see them (I'd have to ask her for the name), but you can get it at Home Depot. I know there are easy fixes, though, because she had a bad infestation of them!
  10. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Quote Originally Posted by LukesGirl View Post
    Does this sound like a bigger problem... My dog tore up a piece of carpet in the dining room and I usually pull it up to swept any crumbs or anything. I lifted it up today and there a zillion ants!!!!!
    Uhhhmm YES! You need an exterminator I think. I feel your pain. I get them in my house too. I got housing to come spray the exterior and that helped for a while. Sat I went to fill my K-cup water tank and when I lifted the tank out there were hundreds in there...I guess they were drawn to the water. I took the coffee pot and moved it to the island and then scrubbed my kitchen. After that I put down these little packets of ant killer. They don't seem to like to go IN but when I poured a little on the counter next to it, they flocked to it. Within 20 min there were about 15 or so at the puddle. I haven't seen any since yesterday.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber