Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to school deals

1. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!

Back to school deals

Advertisements
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but if you have seen any back to school deals please share them We always take the kids to the outlet mall right before school starts but a deal is a deal . I typically spend $300 just on school supplies a year not to mention about a $1000 on school clothes and shoes
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Best Back To School Deals of the Week 7/10 – 7/16
    These end tomorrow, but I got of few things for myself and it was relatively cheap.

You also can't go wrong with the dollar store

I see that you live in Tampa, so do you mean Ellenton when you say outlet mall? If so, are they having good deals this year? Last year, it wasn't that great.
  3. Senior Member
    I've started my shopping already..... I love the dollar store. I found a couple of things at walmart. I already have all the kiddos clothes for school but some things I'm going to wait till tax free week comes
  4. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    Best Back To School Deals of the Week 7/10 7/16
    These end tomorrow, but I got of few things for myself and it was relatively cheap.

You also can't go wrong with the dollar store

I see that you live in Tampa, so do you mean Ellenton when you say outlet mall? If so, are they having good deals this year? Last year, it wasn't that great.
    Here is their listed sales so far :

Ellenton Premium Outlets - Sales & Events | Find Added Savings

We got our girls several things there last year as well
  5. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    I just got an email that Target is having some sort of Black Friday sale today. I didn't look too close, but it might be worth checking out.
  6. Senior Member
    I like Orlando's outlet malls better than Ellenton... It's not too far to drive usually.

I'm glad our kids aren't school age yet, lol. $1000 is a LOT!
  7. Senior Member
    I got some Papermate black ink pens (they have blue and red too) for $0.02. Target has a $1 off coupon on their website for them. You can also get Sharpies for free too using one of their coupons. They have a lot of back-to-school type coupons this month

My blog: Life, Love, and Lesson Plans My Wedding Blog: Operation: Becoming Mrs. B

I *Kayla*! She's the best wifey and friend in the world
  8. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    I like Orlando's outlet malls better than Ellenton... It's not too far to drive usually.

I'm glad our kids aren't school age yet, lol. $1000 is a LOT!
    Thank you for letting me know we are planning on going to Orlando this summer anyway. Can you link me to the website?
  9. Senior Member
    I heard on the radio once that you should actually wait to talk to your kids' teachers at back-to-school night and ask them what they really need, as many of the supply lists are for the whole grade or district and not necessarily what their particular teacher requires them to get. That made a lot of sense!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  10. Senior Member
    I went to Target this week and the notebooks seem very cheap this year. $1 for the brand name 1-subject. When I was in high school I would always get loose-leaf paper from Officemax when they had them for like 30 cents. Also, we would get bags in the Sunday paper that would say "30%" off anything in this bag. That helped for more expensive items like calculators.

Do you know what you are spending the most on? Maybe if you break down what is the most expensive stuff, you can concentrate of finding those really cheap. Or possibly buy in bulk, and save some for years to come. Personally I've always tried to get the brand name in certain items, because what's the use of buying it really cheap, when it will just have to be replaced half way through the year? KWIM? Luckily most coupons are for brand name items.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast