Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What color should we paint the living room?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

What color should we paint the living room?

Advertisements
    We're in the process of redoing our house and I'm wondering what color we should paint the living room. Right now we have hardly any furniture in it, so matching the walls to the furniture is not an issue at all.

We recently painted the kitchen a bright green (it's called gecko green) and we painted our dining room yellow (I forget the name, but it reminds me a lot of lemon pie). My mother wants all the downstairs rooms to sort of go together since you can see the dining room from the living room and you can see the kitchen if the door is open.

What do you guys think? We're planning on buying some paint this afternoon when my mom gets off of work. I can include some pictures of the rooms for you guys to see.

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Are you ready for pictures?

This is the living room as it is now (with stuff in the center of the room so we can paint ) We're going to recover the blue chair, so pretty much the only thing that'll stay the same is the wooden furniture.

This is the dining room now. You can see the kitchen from where I was standing.

And this is the kitchen.

I hope that helps. We have trouble making decisions in this house. When we were looking for the dining room, we were in the store FOREVER trying to figure it out, and then we were only trying to make it go with one color. A perfect match isn't that important, but we want them to at least sort of go together.

3. Senior Member
    what about a peachy color...similar to the sand in the picture hanging in the yellow room?

ETA...are you planning on selling soon/in the near future? if so, you may wish to stick to something more neutral!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  4. Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.
    Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.
    Blues and bluey greys could be good.
  5. Senior Member
    The green looks like a progression of the yellow to me. What about a lighter shade of yellow or a very pale orange?
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the ideas everyone! I'll still talk it over with my mom and see what she says, but I figured some input would be really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    what about a peachy color...similar to the sand in the picture hanging in the yellow room?

ETA...are you planning on selling soon/in the near future? if so, you may wish to stick to something more neutral! :lol
    No, we're not selling, my mom just wants to renovate It was time for a change.

7. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    omg I LOVE the yellow!
    I would probably go with a medium beige, with yellow as your primary accent color, that way you don't have TOO much color to where your going to have a color seizure, but you still keep it light and can use the accent color to tie everything together.

be cool.
  8. i request the highest of fives!
    i request the highest of fives!
    that yellow is awesome!

i agree with whoever said a peachy color... something pinky/peach. a bright color but a light shade. kind of a neutral pink!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to everyone who likes the yellow!
    I'll run all these ideas by my mom. I was thinking more neutral since the other colors are very bright, but a peachy color didn't even cross my mind.