Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell phone plans..

1. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..

Cell phone plans..

Advertisements
    DF has Nextel, I have verizon. He got his cell phone bill today and it was $657..we usually waited until free times for our long talks..we're VERY mad:mad But we think it's probably our own fault for being careless. Anyways, what service do you have? Are there deals offered for military personel? Let me know if you have any ideas because talking everynight is heaven keeps us sane!!..And we hate having to think about minutes and money when we're chatting!

Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

We have Cingular-they have rollover minutes & free mobile to mobile calls plus free nights & wknds!
  3. sweet blue eyes
    We have Sprint; it comes with free sprint to sprint, free nights and weekends, and we pay about 60 a month
    The only military deal is that they will waive a fee if you decide to cancel his plan whjile he is deployed.
  4. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    These sound much better that our situation. He has a contract with Nextel that has a huge cancellation fee. Plus his whole family(they're all veryyy close) have nextels and they 2-way eachother all the time, which is free for them. I think when his contract is up we're going to get a plan together. Did Sprint and Nextel merge?? I thought I heard that. Thanks for all your help everyone

He's home from Iraq!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We have cingular and I am counting the minutes until my 2 year contract is up with them. I have had nothing but problems with them and they were shady and have done shady things. We'll be switching to verizon...
  6. Psych Student by Day..
    Psych Student by Day..
    Yeah, I've been with verizon for about 5 years, and love it. Df and I talked about him switching over to Verizon tonight..he actually brought it up and loves the idea. I didn't think he'd want to because he talks to his family(who have the same service as him) so much, but I guess he doesnt talk to them for long periods of time and it's usually after 9pm anyways. I don't know what we're going to do..but he's only in A school for about 7 or so more weeks,then off to FMSS for 7 weeks where he won't have too much time for phone calls anyways..then he'll be attached to a marine unit and he probably won't have too much phone time then either! But I just don't know if we should make the switch now or wait it out. He only has 15 months active because he's NCS(National Call to Service). Thanks everyone for your help

He's home from Iraq!
  7. Senior Member
    We have verizon. We haven't had any problems so far, but no discount here for military. $657 for one month!! Holy s#*t!!!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    yes Nextel and Sprint are now ONE company...with the price he is paying for Nextel he can get a second cell phone...lol....one for you and one for his family...lol if he gets the same as you atleast its free calling each other.
  9. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    i have had verizon since i was 14 i freaking love it! and you can get push to talk which is what xba nd i were considering at one point, it is such a great deal... doesnt nextel have free incoming clals though? you could just call him ater nine of from your landline phone i thought
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Me and my dh have verizon..and so does much of our family. We Love It!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast