Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Range Rover Question

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Range Rover Question

Advertisements
    My dh and i found one, its older but it looks good from the pictures. We are going to make a offer for lower than what the buyer wants...If they accept we can get rid of the car we have now.

My one question is, do they age well or horribly?
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Senior Member
    They are crappy! Well we had one a brand new Freelander back in 2005, and the car broke down like all the time, so we returned it on the Lemon law a few weeks after we got it. And we where shocked when the second brand new one was a lemon too. So we turned it in as well as DH's VW GTI and got 2 different cars(which we have since traded both in for a 2008 Ford Expedition).

What shocked me the most is that I grew up with Land Rovers, since I grew up in Europe they are pretty common over there. And I dont remember ever having problems with then, but then my parents didn't talk to us kids about car problems. But Also I have heard since Ford bought them out in 2000 the quality has gone down hill. (I know im a hypocrite since I own 2 fords now but its true).

Personally if the car is before 2000 I would go for it, but if it was after 2000 I would want it to be one of the higher end ones and defiantly go and make sure you take it to a mechanic first and see what they say.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yeah its before 2000!

I told DH we would need to take whatever car we find to get a diagnostic.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Yeah its before 2000!

I told DH we would need to take whatever car we find to get a diagnostic.
    then yeah totally get it, those things are tanks!
  5. Senior Member
    Make sure you budget the upkeep. You can't just take a Range Rover to a small local garage to be worked on. Your oil changes and such will be three to four times the price as a typical car.
    Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.
  6. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I've always wanted a range rover and a land rover but DH told me that we'd never get one because oil changes are very expensive even and its a bear to get parts If they have any problems. He said its usually to dowith the internal computer so its hard to work onPosted via Mobile Device
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisha View Post
    Make sure you budget the upkeep. You can't just take a Range Rover to a small local garage to be worked on. Your oil changes and such will be three to four times the price as a typical car.
    oh yeah forgot that! Plus parts, tires all that will cost way WAY more too. Because it is a before 2000 Rover it will cost much more for parts than even the 2001 trucks. And depending on where you live there might only be one mechanic in the area if that. I would check that out too.
  8. Senior Member
    My parents had one and only kept it a year because there was always something wrong with it and it was brand new. IDK I might rethink it. JMO
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks ladies...We will probably not get it, we were just looking for something that we can have now to help our savings grow again!
  10. Hard working mommy and wife!
    Hard working mommy and wife!
    Our neighbors had one and there was always something wrong with it. Pretty to look at, fun to drive, but expensive to keep on the road.