Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Grocery game ladies?

1. Senior Member

Question Grocery game ladies?

Advertisements
    I'm considering doing the grocery game. I have a few questions.

Where do you get the coupons from?

Are you at the mercy of the coupons you can find? For example I use only one kind of shampoo, toothpaste, dish soap and such. Will I still pay full price for those things or is it easy to find coupons for the things I like?

I've heard you have to pick major chain stores to get the best deals is that true?

Do you save money on meats, cheeses, dairy, vegetables and other whole foods? Thats the bulk of my grocery shopping and I've never seen coupons for those things other than milk and cheese.
  2. Junior Member
    I'm not really sure how helpful I can be. My mom uses this as opposed to me, so all of my knowledge is secondhand. You do pick one major retailer, but you're able to add second ones for a small fee i believe I think it's like 5 bucks maybe. The coupons are found in the local papers. The game just tells you which ones will get you the best deal at that given time. What's on sale really depends on where you are at. I can save a lot of money on the cheeses and occasional meat sales, but fruits and veggies are non existent.
    Honestly if you're starting out couponing, this is a great place to start, but if you really want to save, I would find another coupon site/forum and just join it and get the tips.
    Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?