Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: The cleaning power of the Pumice!!

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

The cleaning power of the Pumice!!

Advertisements
    I kid you not!

Last night I got to work on the kid's bathtub that's been installed for a year - but NOT USED since I put it in because of the grout and caulk (we were VERY "smart" and used black grout and black caulk and a white tub) - so I used all the things they TELL you to use to clean it - and NOTHING really got it cleaned. Some of it just smeared around adn then dried, again. So the tub's been just YUCK! And after throwing countless hours of scrubbing and a buncha money at it - it never got any cleaner!

So yesterday I finally got back to it - scrub scrub scrub ... still nothing, of cousre! So I set out to find a new product that "supposedly" would doit for me.

Nothing.
    Then - at Walmart - after looking at the mineral spirits, super-goo-gone that claims to dissolve grout and caulk and everythign else that i've already tired - Juuust as I'm about to leave with nothing in my hands I saw a small package near the bottom - never seen this one before! A pumice stone that can clean all this stuff? It cost only $1.89 - and I figured *what the heck - I'll try it!*

So - I got home, thought i was being a total tool for scratching a stone over my tub but whatever! I wet the stone - wet the surface - rub rub rub - HEY!
    LOOK AT THAT - perfectly freaking clean!!

This stupid little stone really did clean it all off! and without a single scratch to the tub or tile surfaces!

I cannot believe it!! I WISH I had seen this stupid thing a long freaking time ago - and guess what I'm getting ready to scrub! MY STOVE!!

Oh - and proving that money doesn't solve everything I've spent more money on vinyl gloves and scuff rags!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'll have to remember that! Thanks for the tip! And congrats on getting yours clean!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks for the tip!
  4. Senior Member
    I would be terrified to put a pumice stone on the stove! It really won't scratch it?
    Needs work.
  5. Senior Member
    WOW... I would be worried about it scratching. Did you try a white eraser Mr. Clean?

6. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    FTC - my stove is a ceramic top - a classic dinosaur I wouldn't attempt to use the pumice stone on a glasstop or stainless survace. But for ceramic-coat sinks, stoves and tubs - hell yeah!

And my stove is look fabulous, dahlingk.

I'm sure a classic stove-cleaner would work but I can't breath harsh chemicals - I'm very sensitive - which is why I'm addicted to natural and non-toxic cleaning methods

pumice stone