Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Homemaking question?

1. Senior Member

Help Homemaking question?

Advertisements
    Hey all,

I need some advice from you pros! After I graduate in Dec. I will be moving to the town next to where DF is stationed (Jacksonville, NC to be exact!) I will only be there for a couple of months and will be staying in a month to month apartment. My question is how do I make a home out of my little hole in the wall with out spending a ton of money and only being able to bring stuff in 2 large suitcases, and be able to move everything back in a small 4 door car. So in case that was confusing heres an outline form!

Moving to Jacksonville:
    Only bring with belongings that fit into 2 large rolling suitcases

Moving back to Minnesota:
    All belongings must fit in car along with some of DF's stuff

I've come up with some diffrent ideas but I wanted to know what y'all thought. Thanks for any help you can give and be sure to ask me questions if you need to know something more!
    Lots of Love,
    Jenn
    New Mommy Just Trying to Stay Awake!
    ~First we had each other, then we had you, and then we had everything~

I love you with all my heart and soul sweetheart and I'll be yours till the end of time, you are my heart, my everything and I love you so very very much, I would give the world to be with you right now, I miss you so much~DH
  2. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    Maybe look on Craigslist.. esp the 'free' section.. & hit up some yard sales/thrift stores?

Loves her Beautiful Wifey, Liegh.

KennyB = Greatness!
  3. Senior Member
    Jacksonville has a crapton of thrift stores! Start there. I would LOVE to go back through all those stores again.

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan View Post
    Jacksonville has a crapton of thrift stores! Start there. I would LOVE to go back through all those stores again.
    yeah that will def help but im kinda worried about a bed and that sort of thing but maybe well just get the blow up matress that we registered for? hmm this is great guys thanks
    Lots of Love,
    Jenn
    New Mommy Just Trying to Stay Awake!
    ~First we had each other, then we had you, and then we had everything~

I love you with all my heart and soul sweetheart and I'll be yours till the end of time, you are my heart, my everything and I love you so very very much, I would give the world to be with you right now, I miss you so much~DH
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    craigslist is a must!
    and what i did when i moved to hawaii was i made sure i brought pictures and then you can get really cute frames from walmart for like 2 or 3 bucks. pictures always make the most unhomy feeling places cozy!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    flowers !!! all you need are a few very inexpensive vases ( can get these at goodwill for dirt cheap) water and fresh flowers.
    pictures: you can get frames also from goodwill for dirt cheap- so cheap that you can just donate them back when you get ready to move.
    knick knacks- very easy to bring along as long as you keep it to a min.
    and candles- these are easy to buy and use- and add alot of personality to any room.