Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: bugs bugs and more bugs

1. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Question bugs bugs and more bugs

Advertisements
    Ok. So i'm a Montana girl and yeah we have bugs but not like Oklahoma apparently. And i'm usually pretty cool and calm but spiders and the like just gross me out like no one's business and I scream like a little girl and the hands start to flap around and it just ins't pretty. And i've seen tons of bugs around here. So any tricks on keeping them at bay?

no garbage or food lying around
    take out the trash
    clean the place
    but still....any suggestions?

2. Senior Member
    Have you called pest control?

Here there are certain times of the year like spring and fall that they seem to get worse. I wont spray INSIDE the house but I will have the bug guy come do the outside of the house just to help keep them out.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you live on post you should be able to call housing and have them come spray. That was the only thing that worked for us when we were in AZ. Just let them know you are expecting and they will spray outside.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Marie View Post
    Ok. So i'm a Montana girl and yeah we have bugs but not like Oklahoma apparently. And i'm usually pretty cool and calm but spiders and the like just gross me out like no one's business and I scream like a little girl and the hands start to flap around and it just ins't pretty. And i've seen tons of bugs around here. So any tricks on keeping them at bay?

no garbage or food lying around
    take out the trash
    clean the place
    but still....any suggestions?
    BIG

FUCKING

SHOES.

Seriously- there's a lot to be said for 'winter kill.' Be very careful if you ever get tempted to take orders to Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, or Okinawa. Bugs of species you've never seen........ centipedes big enough to warrant their own ZIP code.
  5. Senior Member
    I would suggest stocking up on Aquanet and lighters. I hate bugs.
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Plug up any openings they may be coming in through. Ants can get in your walls and then start exiting into rooms that make no sense (my daughter's room, etc). Start by checking for cracks along the baseboards and window frames, door frames, any outside walls. Then caulk the cracks with a layer of Colgate toothpaste. I know that sounds crazy, but I have done this in 2 base houses and it has stopped the problem. Plus, white Colgate blends in and you won't have to clean it off when you move. Don't use Crest though. For some reason ants seem to love it. Good luck!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    BIG

FUCKING

SHOES.

Seriously- there's a lot to be said for 'winter kill.' Be very careful if you ever get tempted to take orders to Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, or Okinawa. Bugs of species you've never seen........ centipedes big enough to warrant their own ZIP code.
    eelo you crack me up

sorry i dont have any suggestions besides what has already been said..