Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gasoline on ACUs

1. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries

Help Gasoline on ACUs

Advertisements
    My husband got gasoline all over his Acu shirt. I know you are not supposed to put things with gas on them in the washer so I am soaking in the tub with hot water and some laundry soap is that right or should I do doing something else to get it out? Thanks in advance!!
  2. Senior Member
    found this online...

My husband often gets fuel, grease and other odorous materials on his clothing at work. Baking soda works wonders! Just add 1/2 cup or so when you wash your clothes and you should be fine Febreeze also came out with a new odor removing product for laundry which you can give a try. I'd wash the clothes first with baking soda, then smell them. If they smell clean toss them in the dryer. If they still smell like fuel, wash them again. It's better not to bake in the nasty smells
  3. wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    found this online...

My husband often gets fuel, grease and other odorous materials on his clothing at work. Baking soda works wonders! Just add 1/2 cup or so when you wash your clothes and you should be fine Febreeze also came out with a new odor removing product for laundry which you can give a try. I'd wash the clothes first with baking soda, then smell them. If they smell clean toss them in the dryer. If they still smell like fuel, wash them again. It's better not to bake in the nasty smells
    Thank you... Is it true that my washer and drying will explode or catch fire if i wash his shirt that has gas on it?
  4. Senior Member
    I've never put something with gas in the washer, but I wouldn't wasnt to find out the hard way

I would soak it in warm water with baking soda to try and neutalize the gas, then wash out really well and wash it. I would hang it to dry if it smelled like gas (not hot dryer) but that's me.
  5. wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    I've never put something with gas in the washer, but I wouldn't wasnt to find out the hard way

I would soak it in warm water with baking soda to try and neutalize the gas, then wash out really well and wash it. I would hang it to dry if it smelled like gas (not hot dryer) but that's me.
    thanks I am going to go try that right now
  6. Senior Member
  7. wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Oh shoot i used baking powder oh his shirt but it tihnk it worked because it didn't well like gas anymore but his pants still do so maybe i should try what you orignally posted and use baking soda dummy! LOL
  8. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    I think either one would work! Baking soda probably works a little better tho.. this is good to know though!!
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
  9. wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
    I think either one would work! Baking soda probably works a little better tho.. this is good to know though!!
    Yeah I went back and read the box and it was backing soda i was half asleep when i typed that lol.... It worked well on the shirt but I guess he like jumped in a pool of gas that was up to his hips i might have to throw those out
  10. Pregnant with Baby #2
    Pregnant with Baby #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca*Girl View Post
    Yeah I went back and read the box and it was backing soda i was half asleep when i typed that lol.... It worked well on the shirt but I guess he like jumped in a pool of gas that was up to his hips i might have to throw those out
    How do men always manage to do stuff like that?!?! At least you were able to save the shirt right?
    This is my shrine to Bryanna... she rocks!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast