Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slip Covers?

1. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*

Help Slip Covers?

Advertisements
    Have any of you ever slip covered your sofa and loveseat?
    Since we are looking to get this new home(unless something goes unexpectedly wrong we should get it) we would love a new look in our new livingroom.
    We can't afford to go out and buy an entire new living room set at this time, and was thinking what if we slip covered it.
    I would love to do it in a microsuede fabric.
    Any ideas on were I can find any? Round about cost? Are they alot of trouble?
    Thanks!
  2. The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    The grass is greener where it gets watered.
    They're usually pretty pricey, especially for microsuede, but check Overstock.com...they should have some good choices.....make sure you measure your couches though!!!!!
    ďIn my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!Ē ― Dr. Seuss
  3. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Thanks Hun!
    Im off to look now!
    I don't have to have microsuede. Im trying not to be snobby, but Im sooo stoked about getting a house that I am getting ideas left and right
  4. *Too Blessed To Be Stressed*
    Thanks for the Overstock tip Sarah!
    They have some really nice suede ones for around $60 for a sofa
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    http://www.surefit.net/
    i like this site, I'm going to slip cover our couch because the dog ( ) messed it all up. and they have really nice ones for a good price. and they are supposed to stay in place no matter what.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i had a slip cover on my old couch. i think i paid $90 for the slip cover at bed, bath & beyond. It was a heavy cotton fabric. i liked being able to toss it in the wash & get the dog off it. it's kind of a pita to keep them situated on your furniture. my one piece of advice is to stick rolled up magazines or catalogs between the cushions & the back of the couch to help keep it in place.
  7. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    I have slip covers on our couch. While I like being able to toss them in the laundry weekly to get rid of dog hair. I absolutely can not stand how they slip off the couch thanks to the heathens in the house. I'm constantly having to reposition our covers daily. Although a trick I did learn was to put wooden dowels in the sides of the couch and slip cover to help hold it in place. That worked well till Sy learned they were there and started pulling them out for swords.

8. Senior Member
    I was going to say about them coming off all the time but a few have already stated that and the remedy for them. My opinion is that slip covers though nice are not practical when you have kiddos...if they are not tight fitting them they come across as sloppy...Have you though about upholstery cleaning? I am not sure of the condition of the couch but if it is stains this is an option. I do it once a year or every other...depends on the $$ situation at the time!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    When my parents were putting our house in the market to sell and my mom went around painting everything neutral colors (compared to the gorgeous deep dark colors the walls were), she went out and bought slip covers for most of the furniture so it would match and she wouldn't have to buy new furniture. Not wanting to spend a ton of money and wanting to be able to see/feel them, she actually got a lot of them at Wal Mart and Target, and she got them for under $60 a piece. I think she found a couple on sale as well that were less. Target had a lot that matched for all different sizes. Whenever we showed the house, we just made sure they were tucked in, but we hardly ever had to actually rearrange them (like take them off and put them back on). HTH!!
  10. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I have a slipcover for my couch.. I had to find a place that carried T cushion slipcovers, and ended up ordering a brown microsuede one from www.homevisions.com

It cost me around $100, due to the fact that T cushion covers are more expensive...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast