Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being a better wife

1. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer

Help Being a better wife

Advertisements
    My friend was talking about some email list she was on- something about being a better wife? Anyway it got me thinking...
    I need that. I suck at that stuff. I feel bad for being a crappy wife, because Aaron is so freakin awesome to me.
    I've been packing his lunch each day he's worked since he came home. I've been trying to be good about making dinners too. I'd gotten really bad about cooking... not doing it. So I'm getting back into the swing of things in that sense.
    I just want him to feel as loved and special and all that like he makes me feel.
    So any suggestions or ideas or advice?? Ideas for little things to show him how much I appreciate him?
    We've been together since 2000, and every day I love him more. I don't want him ever to forget it.
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins
    Boy 14, Boy 12, Boy 11, Girl 8, Girl 6 & Twin Boys 6/14/09

2. Senior Member
    Aw, you are so cute. I'm sure he knows. I suck at being a housekeeper. I've got the cooking and feeding him thing down, I just am terrible at keeping up with all the cleaning and laundry and everything. We can't be good at everything! Try leaving him little notes. You could put them in his lunch or something. On dh's first day of "real work" since he's been back from deployment I spent all day cooking him dinner and his favorite dessert. ALL day. I also put out a chilled glass with a bottle of his favorite beer and an orange slice on the counter for when he got home. He said the thing that impressed him the most was the beer on the counter. Not the entire day I spent slaving away in the kitchen...the beer I set on the counter, that took me all of 10 seconds. Haha. They appreciate little things like that. You could have something ready for him for when he comes home like that. A beer, a cup of tea, his slippers, a newspaper, I dunno, whatever he likes to do to relax after a long day. I'm sure that would make him very happy.
    ~Jessie~

3. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    I always slip him notes
    I hate cleaning too, gah. I should not be a housewife LOL
    Our youngest is three, almost four- and she's pretty independent- so it's like the first time in our marriage that I've had time to dedicate to doting on him and not the kids, KWIM?
    We've had so much loss in the past couple years, (we had a baby die at nine weeks old and then a stillborn son) and two deployments on top of that... he's done a lot of taking care of me, you know? He needs to be spoiled
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
    I always slip him notes
    Our youngest is three, almost four- and she's pretty independent- so it's like the first time in our marriage that I've had time to dedicate to doting on him and not the kids, KWIM?
    We've had so much loss in the past couple years, (we had a baby die at nine weeks old and then a stillborn son) and two deployments on top of that... he's done a lot of taking care of me, you know? He needs to be spoiled
    First of all, I am sorry to hear about your losses, my heart goes out to you.

Soo..Maybe you could get a babysitter to watch the kids for a night and totally plan a surprise with a candle-lit dinner (I once did one where DF had to do a scavenger hunt to find out what was going on) decorate the area you will be eating at, maybe some fresh rose petals (you can buy them in boxes) and make a trail to the dinner table. You can hang fabric on the walls to make the room more fit. And you can dress yourself up. Just play with ideas and personalize them to fit the both of you. Check out this website www.lovingyou.com sometimes they have some good ideas you can play with.
    Hope this helps!!

I'm sure he knows you love him and thinks your a great wife.
  5. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    Thanks for the link!
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
    I always slip him notes
    I'm sorry for the loss of your babies. I think it is great that you appreciate your DH so much and want to *spoil* him.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  7. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    well if a good wife is measured by how well she tends house, then I'm the worse wife ever.
    If a wife is measured by how she cares for and loves her husband/children, then I'm pretty good.
  8. Thread Killer
    Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by mossey2000 View Post
    well if a good wife is measured by how well she tends house, then I'm the worse wife ever.
    If a wife is measured by how she cares for and loves her husband/children, then I'm pretty good.
    LOL me too
    My house is a perpetual disaster. You'd think I'd have the whole cleaning routine thing figured out after all these years... LOL
    Jayme
    The TaterTwins

Banned
    Cook in bulk. Makes it easier to whip up lunches and snacks.
  10. Miranda
    My DH and I have had some recent hard times. So we have talked a lot lately about what makes each of us happy and means the most etc. We have also been with a lot of couples going through the same things. This may sound typical, but as much as we think they measure us by our housekeeping skills, cooking skills, those types of things...men really do feel most loved and cared about by physical contact. Its not necessarily sex, but just touching him on the back as you walk by him or asking him to hug you. Men like to feel physically wanted and taken care of. So, on top of everything you are doing, try just randomly giving him a kiss. Like turn a normal- bye have a good day at work peck, into a real and passionate kiss. It will take him by surprise, and have you on his mind the whole day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast