Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Leather furniture?

1. Senior Member

Leather furniture?

Advertisements
    Who's got some and what do you think of it? We need to buy living room furniture for our new place. I wanted fabric but dear cat will tear it apart. DB swears he's scared of leather and never scratched his old leather couches.

Is it easy to maintain? Do you like? I just don't know how I would make it look good it seems a little dated to me.

If anyone's got pictures of the way they decorated with it that would be awesome!
  2. Senior Member
    I have leather furniture, I LOVE it. However, I do have some scratches on it from the cat because it does happen. But a little pledge and a rag they are good to go!

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    here is my opinion: if you have cats, leather will scratch too, just like fabric will. my cats scratch our fabric couches but the fabric is so sturdy that you can't even tell. then again our couches were used when we bought them and they were like 100 dollars total.

leather is great, it looks nice too. but it can have its downsides like being cold in the winter and sticky in the summer.
  4. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    The only issues we have with our leather is cleaning. It SUCKS cause the dirt shows and your bodies oil gets on it and traps the dirt. As long as you clean it regularly I think its the best to have when you have animals. It doesn't hold smell like cloth does! As for scratches..yeah, my cat has attacked ours but it was easily covered.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

We used to have it, but I find it very uncomfortable and hot in summer. It also marks easily and it is also hard to get things like pen marks and such off it.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    I have leather furniture, I LOVE it. However, I do have some scratches on it from the cat because it does happen. But a little pledge and a rag they are good to go!

See now that's pretty. I really like it and it looks so good with that wall color. Maybe I can convince him to do something like that, lol!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne24 View Post
    See now that's pretty. I really like it and it looks so good with that wall color. Maybe I can convince him to do something like that, lol!
    Thank you...that was my house in Corpus...the furniture looks really funky in our ghetto housing here though.

As far as it being sticky in the hot weather, we had a/c and never noticed it. And being here when it's warm out the furniture has been cool. In the winter it would be a little chilly, but once you sat down it warmed up. I have not had an issue with body oils and all that being on it either but I clean it once a week so . Our leather is Italian Butter Leather and not hard leather. The more we use it the softer it gets.
  8. Senior Member
    It's not a very good picture but here are ours:

I really like them. We don't have pets and our kids are a little older so I don't worry about scratches or anything but I like the fact that if one of us does spill something on it or whatnot, it's really easy to clean.
    Tara