Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ikea bed frames

1. Senior Member

Ikea bed frames

Advertisements
    Random question, I have a bed frame from Ikea picked out that I am hoping to get and assemble before dh gets home, but I'm not sure it'll work with our bed. Will the headboard and footboard mount to a regular bed frame? From what I can tell their beds are made to go with their mattresses and have a frame and slatted wood bottom, but I just want to use the head/footboard with the frame and mattresses we already have.

That was long winded, but I thought someone here might know. I should have asked someone who worked there today, but it was craziness in there and we just wanted to get what we went for and get out.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

hmmm, i don't think so. i think when you get their bed frame, it comes with a bottom or rails that you put their slats on. that's not to say you can't modify the head & footboards to attach to your rails. you can probably drill holes & mount the head & footboards with bolts.
  3. ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    ..is brought to you by the letters W.T.F.!
    all i know is that my friend went to go buy a bed there and they said u had to buy their mattresses cause US standard ones don't fit, so i dunno..
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    hmmm, i don't think so. i think when you get their bed frame, it comes with a bottom or rails that you put their slats on. that's not to say you can't modify the head & footboards to attach to your rails. you can probably drill holes & mount the head & footboards with bolts.
    That's true! My mom has a drill, I didn't think of that. I could drill holes and just make it work. I am so in love with the bed frame, I want to make it work!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

is it online? can you post a link?

i take it you have just the simple metal frame under your bed? the one problem is, most metal frames have a space to attach a headboard but not always a footboard.
  6. Senior Member

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99849777

Oh and yeah, we just have a regular metal frame under the bed right now.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

it says the sides are adjustable and there is a mid beam, so it may be easiest to add a few more crossbeams & sit your boxsprings & mattress on top of that.
  8. Senior Member
    Cool! I may have to wait for dh to get home after all to help, but if we can make it work I'll be so happy. We've never had a real bed, we have always just had the frame underneath.

Thanks for your help!!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CAmom4721 View Post
    Cool! I may have to wait for dh to get home after all to help, but if we can make it work I'll be so happy. We've never had a real bed, we have always just had the frame underneath.

Thanks for your help!!
    no prob. i've been kinda eyeing ikea frames. i need to go to the freaking store. it's not that far from me.
  10. Senior Member
    That store is such a dangerous place for me, haha, I can always find at least a few things that I cannot live without.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast