Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Homemakers--do you have daily schedule or routine?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Homemakers--do you have daily schedule or routine?

Advertisements
    Hi everyone,

I've been staying home since we moved here in April--first to plan the wedding, now while I am looking for a job. I do most of the housework and cooking as my job right now, though DH helps out a lot.

My trouble is that I am not used to having someone else to answer to, you know? I'm used to leaving dishes in the sink when I don't feel like it or having a messy room--I've lived by myself for so long before this!

I find myself forcing myself to get up and then looking helplessly around, wondering where to start....and then wasting a lot of time doing unnecessary things. My DH works midshift which makes it harder, sometimes. When he's awake we try to spend time together. When he's asleep, usually from 7 to 3 or 4 in the afternoon, I can't run the vacuum or do anything in the bedroom.

Does anyone have a chore schedule, or something they use to keep themselves on task and keep track of what needs to be done.

TIA
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't use anything to keep me on task except for when I am packing. And in that case, I make a list.

Have you tried looking at FlyLady or www.organizedhome.com to look for any ideas? I have several friends that print out weekly charts with details on what they will do each day!
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    , I have a weekly schedule.. Mondays are laundry days, I do laundry all day until it's done. Along with daily dishes and light vaccuming.. (those are done daily here).. I also mop once a week usually, sweep every other day.

I alternate on the upstairs/downstairs depending on which is dirtier and if we're having company...

It's a system I've been using for the past 8 years.. and it works for me.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just have a list of what needs done and I check it off as I go. There are times I have errands to run, the kids have to fed, their nap times, times that are for them to play, etc. I know when I'll have time to do easier/quicker chores, time for no chores, and time for the more involved ones and I plan it out that way. But I don't really sit down and say at 7 I'm doing this. At 8 I'm doing this. I just follow what is going on that day and adjust to fit in all in that way. I hope that makes sense.
  5. Senior Member
    I had a schedule until I got pregnant, now I really have to do things when I get the energy, which is getting more rare.
    Well, I do laundry on Monday, wednesday, and friday...I vaccumm and sweep everyday, go over all my wood with a swiffer thing everyday, I mop on Monday, and friday, I clean my bathrooms every other week on tuesdays, my kitchen gets a wipe down everyday, and heavy cleaning every other week on Thursday...other than that just the usual picking up after my DD and DH. I'm sure when I start school in about 3 weeks it will all change...

7. Senior Member
    No not really, Im pretty layed back when it comes to chores. Me and the kids will try and get more stuff done on the weekends, but there is no order to it, just whatever is dirty.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the replies! You all have given me some good ideas