Account Closed

Grocery Game girls!!!

Advertisements
    I thought we could start a thread to chat in

Where are you girls??
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'll start. I have some stuff to share from today

My first question/vent is about coupons in the newspaper. I'm a little irritated at the paper where I live. The first week I played the game I got the Sunday paper at the store. It had only 1 of the 2 coupon inserts. Later in the week I got the Red Plum insert in the mail so it kinda evened out I suppose. Last week, no problem, fast forward to today. I got the Sunday paper (I have it delivered to my house now) and it had both inserts! SUPER! I picked up another paper at the store and it only had one. I even flipped through several papers to make sure it wasn't just the one I picked up.

WHAT GIVES?!?! Why do they only put them in SOME of the papers?? Has anyone experienced this, and if you did, did you contact the newspaper about it? Is it even worth it??

Second vent is about WG. I need to find another one to shop at! Last week I had a really good experience. A lady helped me at the cosmetic counter so I wouldn't feel rushed with all my stuff and coupons. The manager was walking around and even introduced himself and told me to let him know if I had any trouble. Today the cashier was a royal *&$#% to me because of all the coupons I had. When I got to the car I looked at my receipt to make sure I got the deals and ended up going back in the store because a few things didn't ring up like they should have. The cashier was even more annoyed with me for coming back in and asking questions, so she called a manager (a different one than I saw the previous week) to help me, and she was snippy also. I apologized for the trouble and thanked them for their time and they both just sneered at me.

I was trying to pay attention when I was checking out, but a huge line formed behind me and I was really ticking people off. I felt awful.

OH! And may I also add what else happened at WG!?!?! Sorry, I promise I will shutup after this

I had TWO people come up and ask me where items were in the store. One lady came barging up to me with her sales ad and wanted to know where the Dove shampoo was. I was on the aisle, so I pointed it out to her. No biggie...a few minutes later another lady came up behind me and wanted to know where the cotton balls were. This is what she said, "I've already done two laps around this store and that's enough. Where are the cotton balls?!?!" I was shocked at first, but told her I had no clue, I didn't work there!

Remind me to never wear a dark blue shirt to WG again.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

That stinks! I'm so sorry-My question is this----When the lost says use coupon s/s 5/20(just an ex) how do I know which coupon that is??? Its confusing for me.
  4. Purpur
    super saver coupon that you got on 5/20....they want you to write the date you got the coupon on the coupon somewhere.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by lovesbelugas View Post
    super saver coupon that you got on 5/20....they want you to write the date you got the coupon on the coupon somewhere.
    Yes I get the s/s & date part but I will try the writing the date part from now on-thanks for the idea
  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    GG here

Dawna I file by inserts so I don't really have that trouble. I will go back to clipping though. What I used to do is if I didn't have it in my accordion file then that means I don't have it.

Michelle I answered to you already on that one

Today this was one of my stores...
    It wasn't the best but I was really craving M&Ms
    4 big bags of M&M $10 got $5 back= $5
    Eye shadow $9.99 got $9.99 back= FREE + $2Man Coupon + $3 store coupon= The store paid me $5
    3 Intuitions $3.99 + $3Q= .99
    1 Band Aids $2.99 + $1Q and got $2 back=Free
    Pledge Duster 5pk .87
    2 News Papers $1.50=$3

Paid out of pocket $4.73 M&Ms
    and got $17 back in store credit
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You rock it Shaky! I still need you to go shopping with me.

I cracked up at the M&Ms. Someone need chocolate this month???

I'll post my stuff in a bit!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
    You rock it Shaky! I still need you to go shopping with me.

I cracked up at the M&Ms. Someone need chocolate this month???

I'll post my stuff in a bit!
    show pix!
  9. Senior Member
    I'm starting this week...I got the paper today, and I printed my lists...now I just have to figure out how to organize myself....
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I can't take pictures because I already put everything away I need to remember to do that one time, though.

First store today Walgreens: (33 items)
    $34.84 spent
    $45.01 saved

Rite Aid: (4 items)
    $2.46 paid
    $1.70 saved

Harris Teeter: (I have no clue how many items! A bunch, and several things that I needed that weren't on the list. )
    $88.20 spent
    $59.68 saved
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast