3 7.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bed Help?

1. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka

Nutts Bed Help?

Advertisements
    UPDATE: (see below) We went ahead and bought the queen. I'm so happy to have a decision made! Yay.

Oh, and sorry to the mods... I wasn't sure if it quite qualified for homemakers homemaking, but now I see it's been moved. So my bad, I see I should've put it here. Next time I'll do better.

DB and I can't decide on getting a new bed. We were thinking of getting a queen bed, but our bedroom is kinda small and that would take up a lot of the room... So we were also considering a full size atm, which would be about a half a foot less wide, and a half a foot less long....

So for a half a foot on each end, do you ladies and gents really think it's gonna make a difference? They will both fit in the bedroom. We're just not sure if we'd rather have the extra space on the bed or in the bedroom?

Also, we're buying a new mattress, and looking at getting a pretty decent one... So if we're looking at keeping a mattress for at least the next five years... do you think we'd be okay with a fullsize over a queen for that long?

We're just all confuzzled with the bed hunting. So any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh, and we're still using my poor little twin that I brought from college atm. But that has got to go!

There's a POLL if you wanna wait for it!
    Last edited by Del; 07-26-2008 at 09:56 PM.
  2. Del
    Which reminds me. As soon as I get done buying furniture and get DB to stand still long enough for a picture, I'll post the standard "I've moved" and "he's home" pics that I'm sure I'm way behind on.
  3. Senior Member
    We have a King. But we are both big and tall lol A queen or a full size is crowded for us.
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

we have a king in our room and now when we go to MIL's we have to sleep in a Queen, very uncomfortable. I love our king, but I wouldn't go any smaller than a queen.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH and I had a full size bed for several years. It just wasn't big enough. I mean, it was managable, but not nearly as roomy as our new queen. We have a small bedroom, too. So, between our big queen sleigh bed and our dresser and tv stand, there's not much room in there. But, we enjoy having extra space in bed, versus extra open area.
  6. Senior Member
    It depends on whether or not you like to cuddle, a LOT. With a full, you have to be practically on top of each other the whole time you sleep, or risk falling off the bed! At DB's parents house, his bed is a full, and I like to sprawl out when I sleep. I've fallen off the bed several times, lol.

7. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    DH and I already decided that we will be buying a california king when we buy our next bed. We are both very selfish sleepers...

when we are in a hotel, we have separte beds.... we both love to strech out
  8. Senior Member
    My husband and I are both pretty small people, and we sleep in a full just fine. We sleep on a queen at my in-laws, and it feels like we are swimming. Even with both dogs in the bed with us. I guess it's all up to how you guys are comfortable sleeping, and relative body size.
  9. .
    How tall are you? DH and I are kinds shirt 5'8 and 5'5 so a full works for us, I would like to get a queen next just because. But we still have enough room to get our own space in the middle of the night when we get hot. We also save 300 dollars buying a full instead of a queen.

REMEMBER OPSEC AND PERSEC WHEN POSTING!!

10. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    I vote full, we have a full and you both are tiny compared to us. It forces better cuddle time anyway.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast