Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I have rusty screws!

1. Senior Member

Giggle I have rusty screws!

Advertisements
    I am in need of some help. I'm trying to get my license plate off to replace it, and 3 of the screws are completely rusted, my bf actually stripped one of them trying to get it off. I've tried WD40, and it doesn't seem to do the job. I want to see if I can get them off myself, if not I will have to take it to the stupid dealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

if they're stripped, you'll need to get the doo dad for taking out stripped screws. it basically taps into them so you can get them out.

let the wd 40 set for awhile. i had some totally rusted parts on my bike i couldn't budge...next day they came out no probs after letting them set with wd 40 on them.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    if they're stripped, you'll need to get the doo dad for taking out stripped screws. it basically taps into them so you can get them out.

let the wd 40 set for awhile. i had some totally rusted parts on my bike i couldn't budge...next day they came out no probs after letting them set with wd 40 on them.
    So overnight is best? I put some more of it on a little bit ago, I suppose I will just let it sit until tomorrow.