Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Paint opinions

1. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen

Paint opinions

Advertisements
    I decided that since we can't afford to redo our kitchen for awhile, I'm going to paint the cabinets white to try and lighten the area up. That leaves me with wanting to paint the walls in the kitchen since white walls, white cabinets, and white appliances (minus our stupid microwave) is a little too white for me.

The problem: Do I paint the walls a very light blue, a tranquil blue, something that looks a little beachy...or paint it a very light taupe, something that isn't too dark and contrasts with the all the white?

The reason I'm so torn is because the kitchen is viewable from basically the main living park of the house: dining area/living room area. The rest of the house is mostly modern looking, with a mix of light pine furniture (computer armoire, dinner table and chairs), black furniture (tv, tv stand, picture frames and shelves) with a brown leather sofa and light tan leather reclining chairs and red accents.

My first instinct is to say paint the walls the light taupe to give it a more cohesive look, but I also love the white on light blue look.
  2. Senior Member
    I personally would go with the light taupe. I thinkespecially since your living room is so open to the rest of the house.
  3. Community Leader
    Community Leader
    Blog Entries
    I just did the same thing. You should just come see my kitchen. My blue is pretty blue though. I'm going to post pictures tomorrow because it is all finished now, just waiting for some putty to dry.

I like both ideas for you, so I'm no help.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    if you want to do a beachy theme, id do that kind of blue.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

what color is in the main living room? if it's nutural colors then go for the light taupe, if no, then the blue