Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Remodeling woes.

1. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer

Nutts Remodeling woes.

Advertisements
    Anyone ever undertake a rundown house before?

We have an original 1930's bungalow - super adorable - super used and abused.

Last night we discovered the "drop ceiling" in our poor kitchen isn't really up there because of plaster damage. It's up there so whomever could run electrical wires all willy-nilly for the 3 ugly florescent lights.

Now I have to ask our landlord, since he owns the place, if he minds us pulling the ceiling down and just reinstalling the 2 lights that the kitchen already had. The drop ceiling is hideous, it makes the kitchen feel so small.

We did find some totally awesome, way groovy wallpaper though. I had to take a picture. Once we get the internet up, I'll be posting some of our home improvement photos!
  2. It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    That sucks, but congrats on the wall paper. My hubby and I remodeled the kitchen in our old house in Norfolk when we lived there. We thought we were just doing to be taking down some cabinets and putting new ones in....yeah right. We took the old built in ones down and there was nothing behind them. We had to put in new insulation, new sheetrock, and the new cabinets. It was one giant mess, and we did this in Feb, so we had to close off the kitchen from the rest of the house so it wouldn't be sooo cold. Fun Fun Fun! Hope you don't find tooo many more...ummm..surprises! LOL!
    Smile as if you don't have a care in the world,
    Love with your whole heart,
    And laugh as if it is going out of style.
  3. The Cat Whisperer
    The Cat Whisperer
    So, I talked to my landlord and he said I could take down the funky ceiling. I'm pretty excited.

We have so many "projects" and our landlord is pretty easy going - he knows the house was banged up and figures whatever we do to it can't hurt it beyond what's already been done.