Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Do all projects snowball like this???

1. Banned
    Banned

Do all projects snowball like this???

Advertisements
    OMG - so it started out as doing a simple fence around the back portion of the property. Then we decided that we really like the look of the rail fencing so we upgraded to that. THEN DH decides we might as well do the entire property so it looks more "tied together".
    It started out as me wanting a simple "run in" shelter for the horse with a small attached area for tack and feed storage. That turned into DH using this as a way to angle into the shed/garage he's been wanting since we moved out here by arguing we could attach a lean-to/run in off the side facing the pasture and use part of that building for storage of feeed and tack. I wasn't sold on that idea as it makes more sense to put the horse shelter at the other end of the property so DH up and decides we should just do TWO buildings - his shed and the separate shelter (and why not upgrade and make it an actual single stall "barn" with storage area).
    Back to the fencing - since we are expanding the fencing to the front of the property too, why don't we take the portion on the side of the driveway w/out the pond and make that a second area for the horse by fencing it to part in the back - it will flow nicely, I have to admit. BUT, if we fence that side of the driveway we "need" to widen the driveway to keep it passable for DH's boat since the fence on that side will restrict his range when he is backing it in from the road.
    So, a simple fence in the back has become a driveway expansion, two outbuildings and an entire fence system around the whole property. And all of this has transpired via e-mails back and forth between DH and I. Good thing because we'd have probably killed each other by now if we were in the same room, lol. WHY didn't I stick to my original plan of just boarding the horse next door at the neighbor's barn???????
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Yay for home improvements! Man that is gonna be expensive!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    Yay for home improvements! Man that is gonna be expensive!
    Yeah - that's what I'm trying to get him to see. Right now, my focus is the horse related items. The other fencing and his building can wait if need be
  4. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    oh man, that is one big snowball!
  5. Senior Member
    It is projects like yours that keep Home Depot and Lowe's in business