Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: For those moving/combining households

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

For those moving/combining households

Advertisements
    and who are environmentally and socially minded!

My husband and I have a lot of extra kitchen and household items since we had two separate homes for a long time--dishes, glasses, sheets etc.--and we just got a lot of new stuff for our wedding.

We even have tons of extra spices since my mom threw me a spice shower--way more than we could use in years!

I called the domestic violence shelterhere and found that they would accept all of these things as donations (organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army don't take food items of course)

Also, when we moved, we found that many organizations will come pick up usable, unwanted furniture as opposed to you throwing it out. Big Brothers Big Sisters was one of them in our area; here, there are church groups that help families get on their feet that also accept unwanted furniture.

Thought these suggestions might help some of you looking for a way to put your unwanted stuff to good use
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Good info... some AF bases also have Airman's Attic, too.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.