Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Decorating Ideas

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Decorating Ideas

Advertisements
    I honestly feel like a 15 y/o in my bedroom. When I moved back home, I looked at my room and I was like

I really really really want to make it more adult looking. I have pretty basic furniture. I have an extra long dresser with a huge mirror attached to it, a drawer chest, night stand and full bed. They are white, and I recieved them as a birthday present when I was 17.

. But the rest of my room is just...thrown together almost. There is no common color scheme at all. My carpet is pink and it's from when I was 7. No joke, and my walls are green with a white trim. So it's pink and green basically.

I really want ideas. I'm going to be taking this bed set when I move out and I'll probably use it as a guest bedroom set.

I was thinking of getting dresser runners, a new bedside lamp, a completely new matching bedset. a pillow top mattress pad & a new down comforter. I was going to go with a quilt, but I figured a down comforter would be best since it stays cold in Ohio for 8 months out of the year. I'll invest in a quilt next summer.

Here's pictures!

Bed

dresser/makeup area

2. Senior Member
    Sounds like you have a good start to updating your room....I know for me changing something as simple as changing the bedding out can change the whole atmosphere of the room
    * My heart came home to me on May 6, 2008 *
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    teehee, maybe get rid of the baby pink and go for something bright or dark..........
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    What kind of style do you like?

Your furniture would go very well in a shabby chic styled room.

Something like this perhaps..

http://www.ilovesubstance.com/images...te_bedroom.jpg
    or this
    http://www.notooshabby.com/Photo%205.jpg
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    OOOOO I love that first one. But I love the second one's walls

I really want to tear that carpet up in my room. Maybe I'll see if I can convince my parents to do it. I love hardwood floors.

that carpet is HORRIBLE. It's from when I was 7 and my room used to be all pink plaid and gingham!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I love the first too, dh thinks its to girly though. The great thing about shabby chic is you can find stuff for it anywhere!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    well DB suggested I go with something red or blue. His bedset and shams are blue.

I LOVE the white and brown theme though..........................hmm
  8. Senior Member
    I have the same bed and a similar dresser. Personally, I think quilts look much better on the bed than comforters..it's just a quilt type bed, lol. I have a few different quilts and change them up fairly regularly.

Someone else said Shabby Chic. Target has a nice collection of Shabby Chic bedroom stuff that would look great in your room.
    Tara