Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: dyson vs kirby

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question dyson vs kirby

Advertisements
    what do you think is better? i've wanted a dyson for AGES (am still working on convincing dh to let me spend that much on a vacuum), but i have a friend who swears up and down her kirby is 1000 times better. opinions?
  2. Senior Member
    Ive never used a kirby. I love my Dyson! I find reasons to use it LOL
  3. Am
    I've never heard of Kirby. I'm like you with the Dyson though. I'm trying to convince DB I need one. Good luck!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    My mom used to sell kirby's. She flat told me to NEVER EVER buy one. She bought my dyson for me.
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I got a Dyson a couple of months ago and I it. My mom had a Kirby when I was growing up and I hated it. It was heavy and bulky... I just really hated it . Dh sold Rainbow Vacs before I met him as a 2nd job and I HATE that thing... I'll take my Dyson over anything!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. I love dress whites!!
    I love dress whites!!
    I've never had a Dyson but I HATED the kirby dh bought. Yep he spent almost $2000 on it and I sold it for $400...thats how much I hated that thing.
  7. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Well it seems like the consensus is for dyson but since I'm currently taking a short break from vacuuming with one I thought I'd ad my $0.02.

I have the dyson DC17 Animal and I love it. Best money I ever spent. I bought it with a 20% off coupon at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Brought it home to my "already vacuumed" house. Did ever I find out what was underneath that clean looking carpet!!! I completely vacuumed my house again and I found I had fewer allergy and dust problems after. Since I got the animal it comes with an upholstery attachment and the other smaller vacuum attachment for getting under furniture. It vacuums EVERYTHING. It looks like my carpets are brand new with that fluffy, shiny soft look to them. They do have a nice warranty as well.

One downside is of course the cost, but if I don't have to replace it for 10 years I think it's worth it. The other thing is it picks up superfine dirt but then you have to empty it. I usually enclose the whole canister in a bag to empty it so I don't wind up with dust in the air. Also, the vacuum can be a bit on the heavy side.

Sometimes I'm tempted to try vacuuming my cats with it so they will stop shedding.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  8. Senior Member
    Holy cow...I just LITERALLY got on here to ask what people thought about the Kirby!! We actually just bought one... Hahaha! I'm not liking what I'm reading, but everyone I've talked to LOVES their Kirby...The only person I know who had a dyson, I forget what they didn't like about it, but there was something!! hahaha
    LOVIN' MY LIFE AS A MOM AND A WIFE!
  9. Senior Member
    Darn it...now I'm stressing about our Kirby.
    LOVIN' MY LIFE AS A MOM AND A WIFE!
  10. I can work the google on the internet machine!
    I can work the google on the internet machine!
    I sold kirbys and I absolutely loved 'em. I wish I could afford one... I have found the general reason that people(in general) dont like kirbys is bc they dont understand how to use it...
    Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs.- Days of Thunder(Nicole Kidman)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast