Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meals

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Meals

Advertisements
    With the rise in food prices..have you steered away from fast food, restaurants (eating out in general) and put more time in preparing sensible healthier family dinners.
    Last edited by BzzzWife; 06-14-2008 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added more
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Let's face it, with everything turning up bad for us (plagued with disease) how can we not. We have really curbed our dining out habits to 3-4 times a month. Most of the time when we leave the house now we make meat rollups, fruit, bottled water, etc.

We rarely eat red meat..DH, my brother and my dad do alot of fishing and hunting (turkey)... we put more beans, nuts in our diet....even got them to eat tofu
  3. Senior Member
    We don't eat much fast food anyways.. Fast food to us is MREs, the kiddo eats them about 2 or 3 times a week..

I love to cook, so we eat in mostly..
  4. Senior Member
    We never eat out much anyway....recently with the PCS coming up in a week..eek..we are eating our way out of the house, and went out the other night. The place was DEAD and usually you have a wait.
  5. Tackling our first deployment!
    Tackling our first deployment!
    Blog Entries
    We don't eat out much any more. We did A LOT because we were always doing stuff when he's home. But we started just cutting back on that. And now since he's been out in NC all he does is eat at the Chow Hall to save money for when he comes back home. I'm proud of him for doing that
    After waiting and worrying, he's finally home!
  6. Senior Member
    We don't eat out much. I have bought a cook book called Fix, Freeze and Feast. So far just about everything we have tried has been really good. The recipes make at least 3 meals each, so a few friends and I swap meals after we make them. It saves us money and we have a variety of meals for the week.
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    We don't eat out as much as we used too. I need to go to the commy and stock up the doomsday freezer (as I like to call it) again. First I need to inventory everything in it..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I like to cook, just hate to clean up afterwards. I try to make as little as possible for dishes and we are eating in more. Now that the morning sickness has subsided.

I love to eat out even if it is mcd's. We just tone down on how often now.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Senior Member
    We are not eating out as much. I am trying to get us eathing healthier. We no longer buy Coke. We drink only water and the kids can have juice or milk with their meals. I have been working on planning my meals and sticking to that. If the kids don't eat it than they have to wait till am to eat breakfast.
  10. Senior Member
    I just went to the grocery store yesterday and my plan is to not eat out at all anymore except for special occasions. Easier said than done though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast