Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco or commy?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Costco or commy?

Advertisements
    Where do you shop? I have been back and forth on this. We don't have a membership yet. I hate to get it if I am not going to shop there. Is it more expensive to buy groceries and your basics there?
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I've never been to a commy, but I just want to throw it out there that Costco is awesome and they have the best birthday cakes
  3. Senior Member
    since its just me and my dh and our pup. we dont need to go to a costco. plus i don't have THAT much room in my freezer and whatnot.

4. Darushka
    I don't have the space in my house to shop at Costco (or any other warehouse club), except my freezer. So it's all commy for me.
  5. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    I had a costco membership but let it expire and I thinking of renewing. I can go to the grocery store and spend 200 bucks and then have to go back in a week or so. I can go to Costco spend 300 and dont have to step foot back for a long time. I dont buy things like produce because we dont eat it that fast and wind up going bad but everything else is wonderful for us.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by ily.mmw View Post
    since its just me and my dh and our pup. we dont need to go to a costco. plus i don't have THAT much room in my freezer and whatnot.
    Well, we could have some advantages of going there.. but I didn't consider my freezer lol... hmmm
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Commy.. we've actually let our costco membership lapse because we didn't use it.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

8. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by usnwife1205 View Post
    Well, we could have some advantages of going there.. but I didn't consider my freezer lol... hmmm
    Oh everything I did go I would have to stuff my freezer but I am really considering a deep freezer before I renew my membership. If you have kids it may be a GREAT investment.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    At my parents house we have a huge freezer. So they like to go to Sams Club and Costco.

For produce we go to a Farmer's Market or Trader Joes. We eat a lot of veggies and fruit.

DB ONLY goes to Costco when he's buying mass things of protien mixes and dog food for Huck.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We don't have a Costco here. We have Sam's. We use it for certian things like water (bottled) and some snacky things. For the most part, we don't use it for everyday things.

also, the commy is right down the road. I don't waste as much gas if I only shopped at one place. We purchase things when on sale at all stores. But must be a good sale. albertsons was AWESOME yesterday.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast