Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinegar Cleaning

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Vinegar Cleaning

Advertisements
    We are starting to use Vinegar for cleaning lots of things. Anyone else on here? Any tips that we could use? We have been reading the websites about cleaning this way, but would like personal ones.

Thanks!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Right now I just use straight vinegar to wipe down counters, stove top, sinks, clean out trash cans, etc. It's awesome and REALLY gets rid of odor. I'm talking DF-went-fishing-and-threw-the-fish-parts-in-the-trash-can odors!
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I love it!!! i love using it in my laundry for sure. it takes out any musty smell that can happen because of the humidity here. and i love it for the carpet too.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    I use it mainly to clean all my animals's homes because its non-toxic to them, it also gets rid of the peepee smell, lol
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    Right now I just use straight vinegar to wipe down counters, stove top, sinks, clean out trash cans, etc. It's awesome and REALLY gets rid of odor. I'm talking DF-went-fishing-and-threw-the-fish-parts-in-the-trash-can odors!
    Just straight? Not dilute it? I've always put water with it. Is it better without?
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Just straight? Not dilute it? I've always put water with it. Is it better without?
    Since I only use it for the really nasty stuff, I use it straight. Diluting it is good too
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    adding water only extends the amount of it, but using it straight means you use less.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm trying to save money and use something more natural in our household. I never thought of using it straight.

Great suggestion! How much do you use in the laundry?
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I put about a 1/2 cup of it in the wash cycle.
  10. Purpur
    I keep some in the bathroom under the sink in a baby wipes container (you know, the big plastic tub)....and when the kids are in the tub and I'm just staring at them playing, I grab a washcloth and start cleaning! I start with the mirrors, door handles, clean the counters, sink, toilet. I'm more likely to actually clean if it's easy....so having it already there in the bathroom, just needing to grab a washcloth....makes it easy for me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast