Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Laundry Question

1. Senior Member

Laundry Question

Advertisements
    My wonderful, darling sister decided to put my clothes in the dryer when they were meant to air dry. She put them in the dryer on high heat. There were some white tops that now have a slight teal tint to them. Are they completly ruined? Can they be salvaged in any way? If I bleach them will they turn a different color? HELP!

Oh the joys of being back at home
  2. Senior Member
    argh..."zoot" maybe that will get it out? worse case scenario you could just dye them the teal color and salvage them.

at least it wasn't whites mixed a red piece making it all pink could be worse

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  3. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    well take the one you least care about and bleach that one.

i want to say that it'd work.. use something with oxy to it.
  4. (i carry it in my heart)
    (i carry it in my heart)
    I'd try soaking them in oxyclean and washing them again. It's done some amazing things for me, including getting a pretty big blood stain out of dh's shirt. I'm surprised that they didn't just shrink. That's what happened to mine when my brother turned the dryer from "low" to "high" heat because he wanted my stuff to dry faster. Hooray for siblings, right?

edit: soak overnight or even an entire day
    Oh, hey. I'm back!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icarryyourheart View Post
    I'd try soaking them in oxyclean and washing them again. It's done some amazing things for me, including getting a pretty big blood stain out of dh's shirt. I'm surprised that they didn't just shrink. That's what happened to mine when my brother turned the dryer from "low" to "high" heat because he wanted my stuff to dry faster. Hooray for siblings, right?
    Oh no, some of the things shrunk too. It was an entire load of my work clothes that I wash in cold and hang dry...everytime. That's why they changed colors becuse the teal shirt has never been dryed before. I had a brand new $50 spring sweather thing in there that I had only worn 2 times shrink. I could probably wear it if I lost some weight This is one of the biggest reasons I loved living on my own. I am so damn picky about my laundry.

I will have to go get some oxyclean tomorrow and try that. I don't have any, I have never used it.

Thanks all!