Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Any advice

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Any advice

Advertisements
    On handwashing full loads of laundry?

Should I do each piece individually? And then toss it in the dryer? My washer busted and the repair guy isnt coming til tomorrow. It is driving me BATTY cuz I normally do 2 loads of laundry a DAY

Laundrymat is OUT of the question because I went over the weekend and JUST to wash the clothes was 3 bucks each load. I have no idea how much the dryers were cuz I brought em home to dry em
  2. Senior Member
    Me personally... would wait for repair guy b/c you'll break your dryer with handwashing the clothes... you never get enough water OUT when you hand wring. And the extra moisture will not be good for the dryer.
    *** Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. ***
    *** Women's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it! ***
    *** My husband bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood
    it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead. ***

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out.
    ---------------------------------------------
    A half truth is still a whole lie.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Can you possibly ask a friend to do it at their house today??
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed

If you don't mind the drive to Camp P, you are welcome to do laundry here.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    If you don't mind the drive to Camp P, you are welcome to do laundry here.
    Thats sweet and thank you so much for the offer

With gas prices as they are I am staying around here on base for now hehe. Tooooo pricey.

Yeah I didnt think about it busting my dryer. Thats ALL I need. Guess I will wait and hopefully it gets fixed tomorrow. If not I guess I will buy a new one. Sad cuz this washer is a mere 15 months old JUST old enough for the warranty to expire lol
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    Thats sweet and thank you so much for the offer

With gas prices as they are I am staying around here on base for now hehe. Tooooo pricey.

Yeah I didnt think about it busting my dryer. Thats ALL I need. Guess I will wait and hopefully it gets fixed tomorrow. If not I guess I will buy a new one. Sad cuz this washer is a mere 15 months old JUST old enough for the warranty to expire lol
    If I were you I'd be calling the maker and making them cover it with the warranty. They will we just had to go through it with dh's puter... 14 mths and it shit the bed. B/c it was so soon after the warranty, they fixed it for free. Wouldn't hurt you to contact them
    *** Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. ***
    *** Women's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it! ***
    *** My husband bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood
    it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead. ***

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out.
    ---------------------------------------------
    A half truth is still a whole lie.
  7. Senior Member
    For hand washing, wash them together (about 4 items together) then rinse individually. Maybe you could hang a line outside and have them air dry. My family didn't have a dryer growing up and we line-dried everything.
  8. Senior Member
    Can I ask what's wrong with the washer....I have had to fix my washer a couple times.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinggrace View Post
    Can I ask what's wrong with the washer....I have had to fix my washer a couple times.
    When you turn it on it fills up and trys to wash. Then when it goes to drain for a rinse it clicks, makes a wierd sound and stops. Wont run again until I take the water out and it starts all over again. It almost sounds like there is water stuck inside. I have a front loader and when it is empty and I spin it you can hear sloshing. I dunno if it is the pump or what
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I, too, would wait to wash or ask a friend to borrow their washer. We did have a working washer for 2 weeks, until we bought a new one. It sucks not a having a washer! I hope you're able to get it fixed tomorrow!!!!!