Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: House inspection

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

House inspection

Advertisements
    We are renting privately and the land lord rang and said he wants to do an inspection this week. I have never done this before. I don't know what to expect, is it just to make sure that we are keeping the house clean and not trashing it? Or is there a little more to it?

2. Senior Member
    Is it in your lease that he can come do an inspection?
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

He can come and look at the house when ever he wants, so long as he gives us atleast 24hrs notice

4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Wow, an inspection? He's got to be prior military... I guess I would make sure that the lawn/yard looks good, floors are clean, etc. Good luck (and let us know what he says!)!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Purpur
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    We are renting privately and the land lord rang and said he wants to do an inspection this week. I have never done this before. I don't know what to expect, is it just to make sure that we are keeping the house clean and not trashing it? Or is there a little more to it?
    it's usually just to check it out. make sure that you're not trashing it and causing damage. it's pretty much normal. it's also nice because if something is going on (like the dishwasher is acting funny), you can show him and he can start looking into repairs.
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    It is usually just an appliance/ home repair check type thing. They make sure you arent putting holes in the walls or tearing up doors, or stuff like that. Stuff that could cost them serious money when you move out. Our old Landlord did this.
  7. I love dress whites!!
    I love dress whites!!
    We do inspections of our house when we go to GA to make sure the tennants are not causing any damage and keeping it fairly clean. We don't expect the house to bed spotless or anything but it shouldn't be filthy either. Just checking for normal wear and tear on things and looking for things that may need fixed or replaced in the future. I wouldn't worry to much about it.