Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk Kitchens!

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Let's talk Kitchens!

Advertisements
    Dream Kitchen? Current? Old? New? Ideas? Cool? Ugly? Big? Little? Light? Dark? Brick? Wood?

Come on - I want it all!

We're mulling over our endless kitchen ideas and have quite a lot of different designs that we can't decide on and a few years of saving and material-shoping to do.
  2. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    I loved my last kitchen. Well, I didn't love it to start, but I rennovated it. I couldn't afford to do everything top notch, so I got a little creative. I painted the cabinets, finished the chair rail the last owners had started, put down 20x20 porcelain tile set on the diagonal with super thin grout lines, replaced the appliances with stainless steel, and put the cool looking faux stone laminate in (couldn't afford granite). ETA, I also put in a tile backsplash, all the way to the cabinets, again set on the diagonal. I loved that. I used glossy tile, and it really reflected a lot of light. And I updated the light fixtures.

My kitchen at the new house has granite, but the rest sucks. The tile is crappy, small, and the grout lines are screwy. The cabinets have water damage that was painted over to disguise it. And my appliances don't match. Unfortunately, we aren't staying here long enough to make it worth another rennovation.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I like granite counters! And if you have a slab of Marble somewhere...that'll be good. It'll work for all sorts of cooking projects. I prefer the darker woods, but I just started working at a place with white cabinets, and it looks REALLY nice!

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i want a large square kitchen that has an island but still has room for a large family table. i love eating in the kitchen much more than a dining room. i want it to have all the normal things but i would also like a place to put the computer so that i can keep recipes in there and chat while i cook.
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  5. Senior Member

I Know you didnt ask for pictures.. but here is my kitchen. I would like to get cherry cabinets and granite counter tops and back splash and finish getting stainless steel appliances
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I want a large kitchen, set up by stations such as food prep, baking etc..
    I want refrigerated veggie drawers on the Island, a fireplace with a hook for soups and an authentic pizza oven above.
    I want a separate side by side refrigerator and freezer, I am eying a subzero set.
    A 6 burner range with grill/hot plate, bamboo flooring and marble or granite counter tops.
    I would also like an accent wall, probably the entire wall with the fireplace in an old world style brick and my kitchen will be orangy/red.

And now to win the lottery.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I want a large kitchen, set up by stations such as food prep, baking etc..
    I want refrigerated veggie drawers on the Island, a fireplace with a hook for soups and an authentic pizza oven above.
    I want a separate side by side refrigerator and freezer, I am eying a subzero set.
    A 6 burner range with grill/hot plate, bamboo flooring and marble or granite counter tops.
    I would also like an accent wall, probably the entire wall with the fireplace in an old world style brick and my kitchen will be orangy/red.

And now to win the lottery.
    when you do i am coming to live in your kitchen i will set up residence under the table .... i have a laptop lol
    I feel the need to be petted too!
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My friends dad has a closet with climate/temperature control and keeps his wine in it. I want that!!!!

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i want black and white checkerboard floors with all stainless steal appliances and black granite counters....
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    oh ya and i want those double ovens! you know, the ones that are right on top of easch other! oooo and a gas stove!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast