Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much housework

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question How much housework

Advertisements
    Do you actually have?

I dont have much...I do the dishwasher twice a day and I pick up the living room table...

I also run the sweeper every other day...Things like laundry are done on a as needed basis.
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I used to have light housework on a daily basis when my kid was your kiddo's age. Now as soon as I get ONE room clean I find that he has messed up another. So now it's a LOT. Once they're mobile, life is never the same.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    I used to have light housework on a daily basis when my kid was your kiddo's age. Now as soon as I get ONE room clean I find that he has messed up another. So now it's a LOT. Once they're mobile, life is never the same.
    thats what im scared of!
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I don't have alot, usually. I pick up after DH in the mornings Then i clean up after jacks breakfast, wipe down his tray, put things into the dishwasher, which is ran as soon as it's full, usually every few days since we don't eat dinner etc bc dh works late. Once DH goes to work at 2, I clean up w/e is needed, i sweep every other day, then i scoop the cat boxes every day plus i sweep in there, clean the tub every few days. Laundry is done as needed. Usually i mop once a month, if that. Toliets etc get cleaned as needed.

I clean DS' room every morning after he gets up (he sometimes wakes up early and plays and then goes back to sleep but not before destroying everything- hes gated in his room btw) and then again before bath & bed time. He is almost 17 months, he drags toys out, but it's really not too bad except for the mornings and that's bc he pushes over his little storage drawers that we keep a few onesie and shorts/pants in and drags them out LOL.
  5. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    holy crap, you do dishes 2x/day!!!??
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Sometimes LOL I hate dishes just sitting in there..
  7. Senior Member
    OMG, I have 3 kids, ages 6, 3, and 4 months. I swear my house hasn't been completely clean in years. Right now I have 5 loads of laundry to do, toys to put away, dinner dishes to wash, and I need to sweep, mop, and vacuum. I've had to learn to prioritize, since it seems there's always stuff that needs to be done. The Flylady website has also been a big help.
  8. Senior Member
    Not a lot. I actually haev my kids do most of the work. My son does the dishes, my daughter does the bathrooms, except for toilets and tubs, I do those. DH and I do the laundry but the kids fold and put away their own clothes. DS is going to start doing his own laundry this summer. If I ask one of the kids to vaccuum they will, but I usually just do it myself. I absoultey HATE mopping and dusting, so that rarely gets done! I should get the kids on that too.
    Needs work.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    holy crap, you do dishes 2x/day!!!??

Our dishwasher gets run twice a day quite often!
    Needs work.
  10. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Let's just say...when DH is home I have less. But right now I'm running this place on my own - and with my little 3 year old whirling dervish, the housework never ends.

Laundry, floors, dishes, bathrooms, windows (right, like I ever actually wash windows anymore ), kitchen...

There's always something to do, yet I find myself doing less and less of it with each passing day
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast