Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: area rug help

1. Banned
    Banned

Question area rug help

Advertisements
    When we moved here the movers rolled up one of our area rugs all funky. NOw we have this huge lump that I can't get out. It bunches up and it's super annyoing. I have used my carpet cleaner on it trying to get it really wet then stretching it out but once it dires it just bunches back up again. Is there something else I can do? I thought about hanging it over the deck while it's raining so it'll get really wet but I don't know if it'll be sunny tomorrow and I don't want my rug to get nasty. I'm so pissed I'd hate to have to toss the thing do you ladies have any ideas?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Have you tried heat (like steam) and then setting something really heavy on it? That worked on a smaller rug for us when we moved.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. autumnh
    Quote Originally Posted by brentscrystal View Post
    Have you tried heat (like steam) and then setting something really heavy on it? That worked on a smaller rug for us when we moved.

That worked for me
  4. Senior Member
    I've always used a hot steam cleaner. I hope you are able to get it flattened out.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  5. Banned
    Banned
    When I tried to do it last time I just put hot hot water in my machine and went over it like a million times. I don't know if I have anything long enough and heavy enough hmm I'll have to look