Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Line drying vs. dog hair

1. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries

Line drying vs. dog hair

Advertisements
    I really want to line dry my laundry as much as possible when the weather is nice, but I'm noticing that doing so doesn't remove as much dog hair as using the dryer does.

Especially the clothes we wear when rough housing or brushing the dogs. Or their bedding.

Any advice? I could lint roll before or after washing, but that seems so wasteful too.

I don't want to give up on line drying just yet, but I need to feel like things are truly clean, as well as looking clean. So I need a solution.
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I have the same dilemma. I really want to line dry clothes as well - I have the framework set up outside for a line but can't find the line itself or clothespins.

But the doghair thing - sucks. I think maybe just plan on drying bedding in the dryer, and the rest of it line dry. This might sound silly but what if you shake it out well before you pin it up?
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I have the same dilemma. I really want to line dry clothes as well - I have the framework set up outside for a line but can't find the line itself or clothespins.

But the doghair thing - sucks. I think maybe just plan on drying bedding in the dryer, and the rest of it line dry. This might sound silly but what if you shake it out well before you pin it up?
    I think I'll try shaking it out before and after hanging it, and see what happens. It seems that it sticks to t-shirt material the worst, so if shaking it out doesn't work, maybe I'll start drying the worst offenders?

I found the line at home depot in the section with all the ropes and chains. On the bottom shelf, there was some prewrapped packages marked 'clothesline'. HTH

Do you know if fabric softener makes a difference one way or the other? Like, does it make the dog hair stick more or less, or no difference at all?
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i've sometimes put clothes from the line in the dryer for 10 mins or so, especially jeans, to remove dog hair & make them a lil softer.
  5. Senior Member
    when you bring them in from the line, put on a pair of latex gloves and run your hands over the hair. It might be a bit wasteful, but not quite as bad as lint rollers and you can do the same on your upholstery.

It works, but it has to be latex.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    You can line dry them, then throw everything in the dryer for a couple of minutes before you fold.
  7. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post
    i've sometimes put clothes from the line in the dryer for 10 mins or so, especially jeans, to remove dog hair & make them a lil softer.
    This is a great idea, thanks. Just on air dry to tumble out the fuzzies
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  8. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    I've been line drying the last couple weeks and then putting the clothes in the dryer for about 10 - 15 minutes afterwards....

My little Loves!
  9. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    Since it started sprinkling, I had to bring them in and toss them in the dryer anyway for that last bit of wetness, and the hair is gone! I think this is going to be my solution.

Thanks for all the advice!

I love line dried sheets and clothes!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

this thread makes me wanna put up a clothes line in our back yard. i grew up on line dried clothes & it's been awhile since i've had the "luxury".
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast