Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I finally made a chore schedule

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Jump for Joy I finally made a chore schedule

Advertisements
    Haha - almost two years ago I bought a large dry-erase board so I can make a chore schedule for everyone to follow.

And let's just say I never got around to it...though, I did manage to put the board up on the wall and we've used it as extra fridge-magnet space.

so - anywhoo! I FINALLY went through with my idea and now I have a fully functioning family schedule - with slots for everyone and cards with the chores listed ... I just arrange the cards as necessary and there you go.
  2. No one loves their mother like her boys!
    No one loves their mother like her boys!
    That's aweomse I wish my boys were old enough to do that and follow it especially hubby!
  3. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    that is cool dh and I had a chore list (we were repeating the chore the other one had already done LOL) but that went out the window when he realized it was his turn to clean the bathroom LOL
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  4. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Thats great. I was thinking about incorporating one. I have so much going on, I think that will help me a lot. You are my inspiration.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  5. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    I have a horrible memory - so I really needed this for me to maintain my sanity!
    I always forget what day it is, the kids always know what day it is but never think to do their chores unless we say so, etc. So nothing ever gets done But if it's all on the board I figured they'd at least be able to remember what day it was and do their chores without me needing to remember to remind

I even scheduled my exercise routine because I *always* forget - especially with my husband's new hours, there's no "weekend" ... so this way I can juggle all my chores around according to the kid's school schedule and his schedule.
    If I don't get it done then I can just bump it to the next day or something of that nature.

I hung it up late last night (took me a while to get it put together) and the older two loved the idea - and our oldest read his chores for that day and immediately remembered that his laundry was in the dryer - he took it out and put it all away!

I WISH I did this a long time ago! I really do!

So - what I did for each row was the same thing: a strip of folded, clear tape (not folded perfectly in half - each strip has a small "edge" of tape showing on the bottom so it'll stick and won't let the cards fall through) and these strips are held in place with the verticle electrical tape.
    I used old, blank business cards - cut them as necessary so they'd fit - and at the bottom right there are extra cards stashed. The bottom row is blank so I can make notes about Dr's appointments, phone calls, etc.
    I really wanted to do magnet strips so it'll look super classy - but that was looking really expensive so I just used what I had and didn't spend any extra money.

Love it!
    My husband thinks it's nuts, though - but this will really help me out
  6. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    I love the idea!! And anything to help make life easier is always welcome!!! LOL
  7. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Sponge View Post
    I have a horrible memory - so I really needed this for me to maintain my sanity!
    I always forget what day it is, the kids always know what day it is but never think to do their chores unless we say so, etc. So nothing ever gets done But if it's all on the board I figured they'd at least be able to remember what day it was and do their chores without me needing to remember to remind

I even scheduled my exercise routine because I *always* forget - especially with my husband's new hours, there's no "weekend" ... so this way I can juggle all my chores around according to the kid's school schedule and his schedule.
    If I don't get it done then I can just bump it to the next day or something of that nature.

I hung it up late last night (took me a while to get it put together) and the older two loved the idea - and our oldest read his chores for that day and immediately remembered that his laundry was in the dryer - he took it out and put it all away!

I WISH I did this a long time ago! I really do!

So - what I did for each row was the same thing: a strip of folded, clear tape (not folded perfectly in half - each strip has a small "edge" of tape showing on the bottom so it'll stick and won't let the cards fall through) and these strips are held in place with the verticle electrical tape.
    I used old, blank business cards - cut them as necessary so they'd fit - and at the bottom right there are extra cards stashed. The bottom row is blank so I can make notes about Dr's appointments, phone calls, etc.
    I really wanted to do magnet strips so it'll look super classy - but that was looking really expensive so I just used what I had and didn't spend any extra money.

Love it!
    My husband thinks it's nuts, though - but this will really help me out
    If it keeps you sane, I am all for it. I am going to work on mine soon. I have a cardboard thingy(like for science projects). You really inspired me to not be lazy and just do it. I will take a picture to share. Thanks again for sharing.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )