Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Smelly laundry

  1. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #1

    Smelly laundry

    Advertisements
    Lately I noticed that my blankets and towels aren't coming out of the dryer smelling as fresh or good as they should. I've tried vinegar but that didn't work. Any other suggestions? is there a way to clean my washing machine I wonder if it is my machine that smells yuck


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  2. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #2
    what kind of washer and what kind of detergent?
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #3
    ummmm an old one, lol I use liquid lately it has been gain mangoes and apples or something my washer is a kenmore but it's old, about 10 years old


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  4. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    miss_kara's Avatar
    miss_kara is offline
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    18,026
    #4
    My washer gets like that sometimes but with it being a new washer it has a "tub clean" cycle and it gets it all cleaned out and smelling nice. The washer I had before smelled like that no matter what I did. When they came and took it out when the new one was put in they said that there was mold starting to grow back behind the tub. He said there was really nothing I could do to get it out.
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mrskmw View Post
    My washer gets like that sometimes but with it being a new washer it has a "tub clean" cycle and it gets it all cleaned out and smelling nice. The washer I had before smelled like that no matter what I did. When they came and took it out when the new one was put in they said that there was mold starting to grow back behind the tub. He said there was really nothing I could do to get it out.
    uggh that doesn't sound good. that would blow, i wonder if i could convince dh to get a new washer when the taxes come in may. lol


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  6. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    ummmm an old one, lol I use liquid lately it has been gain mangoes and apples or something my washer is a kenmore but it's old, about 10 years old
    Try using less detergent. Or even try to do a mock load... just dump bleach in and wash without clothes. I had no idea you had to use the HE detergent with our washer so towels were smelling funky. (I dont know how I missed the effing sticker that said 'HE detergent only')
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckychrmzz View Post
    Try using less detergent. Or even try to do a mock load... just dump bleach in and wash without clothes. I had no idea you had to use the HE detergent with our washer so towels were smelling funky. (I dont know how I missed the effing sticker that said 'HE detergent only')
    was it a big sticker because that would be funnier lol
    I think i will run a mock load. because sometimes i pull towels out of the dryer and they stink like mildew.


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  8. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    was it a big sticker because that would be funnier lol
    I think i will run a mock load. because sometimes i pull towels out of the dryer and they stink like mildew.
    Its right as you open the lid.

    Hopefully that will work for you.
  9. Senior Member
    wisend85's Avatar
    wisend85 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Me--ND Him---VA
    Posts
    1,001
    #9
    Not to thread jack but we have a washer that is a year old, and I have tried the mock load thing and it still smells, any ideas?

    *Thank you Valarie!!*

  10. Senior Member
    Lckychrmzz's Avatar
    Lckychrmzz is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,152
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wisend85 View Post
    Not to thread jack but we have a washer that is a year old, and I have tried the mock load thing and it still smells, any ideas?
    Does it require the use of HE detergent and you're using the regular kind like I did? lol

    Also how long are the towels sitting before you put them in the dryer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •