Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Organizing...

1. Senior Member

Help Organizing...

Advertisements
    I really suck at organizing things... But I have decided that it is time to start... I am in the process of trying to sell my house and have been trying to use 6qt tubs to arrange my closets, and have much bigger ones for packing up the house... This way I dont have to go and find boxes....

My question is... How do you organize your house? I want mine to be like the Mrs. Doughtfire house... with the labels and what not of where things go... I think that it would be a great teaching tool for the kids too....

What about your kids rooms???

Pictures would be great.... I really need some ideas!!!

TIA
    Mrs. Villanueva
    [/CENTER]
  2. Senior Member
    This how I have eveything organized.

For every room:

Go into each room with three totes Label 1: sell 2: keep 3: throw away.

Sell: anything you can sell in a yard sale.

Keep: Things to keep LOL.

Throw away: Anything that is broken or doesn't work.

Start on one side of the room going through any drawers and things like that. Sort them out by Keep. Sell, and Throw away. Remember when in dought throw it out (Corny I know).

When you put everything back make sure you can get to it easily.

Kids Rooms:

Go through the toys with the same rule of thumb and when your done you will be able to see how many containers you need and how big.

I bought the little stands that have the plastic see through boxs.

When I was done going through all the toys I took a picture of what was in the box and stuck the picture and a label on it ie. take a picture of doll cloths and then make a label that says doll cloths. Then the kids know what goes into what box.

Oh all cloths are arranged by types too. Like Dress cloths go first then overalls, long sleeve shirts, then short sleeve shirts, then sleeveless shirts, and then jackets. Everyones closets are arranged that way and I labeled the bar too.

If you have any more questions you can PM Me and I'll give you my number then maybe I can explain it better.

Good Luck.
    God is not the author of chaos - Nana Sugar
    Live everyday like your on borrowed time. Then when you look back you never have regrets. - unknown
    You learn more about yourself through your child, I guess. - Heath Ledger

Post message: JCS74FRG@yahoogroups.com
    Subscribe: JCS74FRG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Visit our Web Page: www.jcsfrg.org
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Princesses View Post
    This how I have eveything organized.

For every room:

Go into each room with three totes Label 1: sell 2: keep 3: throw away.

Sell: anything you can sell in a yard sale.

Keep: Things to keep LOL.

Throw away: Anything that is broken or doesn't work.

Start on one side of the room going through any drawers and things like that. Sort them out by Keep. Sell, and Throw away. Remember when in dought throw it out (Corny I know).

When you put everything back make sure you can get to it easily.

Kids Rooms:

Go through the toys with the same rule of thumb and when your done you will be able to see how many containers you need and how big.

I bought the little stands that have the plastic see through boxs.

When I was done going through all the toys I took a picture of what was in the box and stuck the picture and a label on it ie. take a picture of doll cloths and then make a label that says doll cloths. Then the kids know what goes into what box.

Oh all cloths are arranged by types too. Like Dress cloths go first then overalls, long sleeve shirts, then short sleeve shirts, then sleeveless shirts, and then jackets. Everyones closets are arranged that way and I labeled the bar too.

If you have any more questions you can PM Me and I'll give you my number then maybe I can explain it better.

Good Luck.
    OMG.. I have never thought of anything like that... its so awesome!!! I am going to go try it out since I just gave up on my bedroom... haha...

Maybe I will be able to get something done
    Mrs. Villanueva
    [/CENTER]
  4. Senior Member
    Oh another thing I thought of when I went through my "junk" drawers. At target they sell these little bins that you can buy different sizes and they all click together. I used them for every thing. I have them in the bathroom so my make up is in one bin and hair tyes in another. They are really cheap too.

Oh another thing when you are going throught things if you find things that you or the kids have not used in so long you didn't know it was missing. Don't keep it.
    God is not the author of chaos - Nana Sugar
    Live everyday like your on borrowed time. Then when you look back you never have regrets. - unknown
    You learn more about yourself through your child, I guess. - Heath Ledger

Post message: JCS74FRG@yahoogroups.com
    Subscribe: JCS74FRG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Visit our Web Page: www.jcsfrg.org
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    De cluttering is the 1st thing you should do. As the previous posted stated, dividing things as keep, sell, toss. Having the least things you can the better! Go room by room.
    I love using storage containers