Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stay at Home Dad relationships led to divorce

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Stay at Home Dad relationships led to divorce

Advertisements
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...9#startcontent

I found this to be an extremely interesting article.
    This man went through the EXACT same things that ALL women go through being a Stay and Home Mom.

A few quotes that the guy in this article said about his marriage/wife/duties that ALOT of us can identify with:
    I sensed that Louise was becoming more detached and less interested in me sexually within a year of becoming a househusband," says Richard, 50. "She was always picking on me for silly little things she said I hadn't done, like the washing up or not tidying away the toys
    "I was happy to do all the cooking, cleaning, shopping and washing, but I began to feel that Louise was taking me for granted," he says. "She'd come home exhausted after a ten-hour day, and I'd be desperate to chat, to have some adult conversation, but she'd say she was too tired."
    It's all very well to be a househusband, but she had come to look down on me, to think of me as not very masculine, and not hard-working. It was as if all the things I did around the house didn't count - that was nothing compared to how hard she had to work in her mind, which was so unfair

But - honestly, at the end of this whole article I thought of his wife as being nothing but a wanking b***h. HE took care of the children - a decisions THEY made TOGETHER - and then SHE left with THEIR kids.
    That would be the same as the man leaving the woman and taking all the kids - As if my husband left ME and took all the kids!
    Honestly - she shouldn't have been granted custody, HE should have and HE should have been able to gain childsupport and all those things that any woman would get if the husband left.

What a selfish b***h - all because of the masculine/feminine expectations in life...
  2. No one loves their mother like her boys!
    No one loves their mother like her boys!
    wow very differnet turn around there..that's sad poor guy
  3. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah- at first I was like "well, he probably couldn't handle it and that led to the divorce" ... but after I read why things went sour I was like "what on earth! That's wrong!"
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Wow, that is the SAME kind of stuff that SAHM's say ALL THE TIME! I guess men and women aren't so different after all!

5. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Yeah, I agree.

It's the possition that you're in - not your gender - it seems that these feelings just go with everything else. People just get tired of doing the same thing and appreciate and desire change, but change that is permanent can unravel things quickly.
  6. Senior Member
    Now, .she gets to be the one to work AND take care of the kids AND do the housework AND the shopping.
    She set things up for herself real nice.
  7. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    I wonder, though, if there was more to their marital problems.

Honestly - thinking about it neutral, if someone has issues with what their spouse is doing don't they consider to talk about it and try to work it out? If she felt like she was failing as a mother (which, I would if someone else was to take care of my kids - regardless of how rough parenting has been and how difficult my children can be) ... still - why didn't she just say "this isn't working like I wanted it too, maybe we can comprimise."

Come on - the key to any relationship is communication. When you don't open your mouth and voice your opinion things will NEVER go your way.