Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Women who refuse to cook?

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Women who refuse to cook?

Advertisements
    So - any of you around here who don't cook? What's the reason - so I can speak for you and stave off the woman-bashing. . .Elsewhere - on a male-dominated forum - some guy posted a thread titled "Women who refuse to cook" and all he said was "WTF" LOL - but this one thread with that one and only "WTF" content has gone on for 20 pages from all these guys about why women SHOULD cook.

Now - I don't know about these women who don't cook. All I know is that I love to cook and i do it all the time, eventhough I might not be all that great at it, I still try just because I think it's fun.
    But, I don't like to see these guys over there going nuts over insulting women in general, and especially those who don't cook....Any reasons that I can carry over?
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I love to cook, but one of my friends who doesn't says that she works longer hours than her husband and they have no kids, so why can't he cook? Also, she burns water when she boils it
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well I'm a cooker so it doesn't apply to me.
    BUT I have a few friends that A) cannot cook B) work longer hours then their spouses C) have SOs who are fantastic cooks and who genuinely enjoy cooking

Now what's sad to me is women who NEVER give their husbands the oppurtunity to cook and always just do it themselves. There is nothing more fun IMO then cooking with you're so
  4. Senior Member

HAHA

I HATE COOKING.

I grew up with a mom that did everything she could to get me in the kitchen, but once I got there she always told me I was doing it wrong! I really do suck when I cook, I burn everything, and I don't have the patience to take hours to cook food that's
    a.) going to burn anyway
    and
    b.) taking up my time when I could be doing something WAY more fun.

Plus, I've lived alone for the last 7 years. Who wants to cook for one? It's too expensive (I'm a college student too) and I don't want to be eating the same leftovers for a week. Gross. I'd rather do the drive through or toss a bag of ramon noodles on the stove.

I do, however, LOVE to bake. I'll stand around all day when it's about desert!

P.S. My SO cooks, and would prefer too, so I'm in the clear!

"I can't get you out of my mind for a second"

5. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    i dont cook.

the reason? my dh is a chef!!
    i will make him sandwiches or pancakes....things that don't require much "cooking". honestly, i think if i tried to cook, it wouldn't be up to his super-gourmet standards. and he loves to do it.

ETA: i also find it extremely sexist that women are expected to know & want to do it. i think most will agree with me on this one. if you want to, great, go for it. but why is this still considered the woman's duty?? i think it's high time we moved on from this way of thinking.
  6. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    here is the evidence of why i DONT cook :

7. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

My ex complained about me not having dinner waiting on the table for him when he got home, and I was like, UH STFU you b*s*ard- I wasnt even HOME when he got home. I worked longer hours.

I like cooking, and I LOVE baking!
  8. Mommy of two sweet girls!
    Mommy of two sweet girls!
    I am the cooker in my house and i am passionate about cooking.

I have to cook because i have a husband who does not know how to cook. Bless his heart though, because he tries when i don't feel like cooking. Although he can only make a handful of things which does not involve much of any pots and pans, just the microwave, ha!
    Gina~

My Bella!
  9. Senior Member
    I just starting cooking recently when my DH started working long hours. Before that, though, he always cooked because he loves to cook (and is a lot better at it than I am).
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i cooked every meal that needed to be cooked for the first 11 yrs of our marriage. for the last four yrs he now cooks . because of his illness he is home all day and i am at school from 9 or 10 in the morning to 7 or 8 at night. so when i come home i am usually exhausted and its too late to cook. if i had a choice who cooks like we both were home when it is time to cook etc... i would choose not to cook. i have cooked from the time i was 9 until i was 34 lol so i figure no one elses arms are broke and they can read a recipe book the same as i can so its someone elses turn.

right now on nights when my husband is too sick to cook and i am not home yet my daughters bless their hearts will go by the recipes i have taught them and cook dinner for us. sometimes having teenagers is not such a bad thing lol
    I feel the need to be petted too!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast