Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture Question

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Picture Question

Advertisements
    I have a strange question I am making these frames that I am thrilled to put in our new place! Here is the thing. I have lots of pics of DH and I that I love but I also have some pics of my family and I that I love as well. DH and his parents do not get along and we have had a huge falling out with them. Is it hurtful and rude to put a few pics up of me and my sisters...I am talking 2 maybe 3 and the rest of us but none of his family? I know he wouldnt want his family but I dont want to hurt his feelings. This is also something that I dont really want to ask him. I know some will say just ask but his parents are such a HORRIBLE subject that I wont even bring them up at all. Plus the whole picture thing is so cool and i want it to be a total suprise! thanks for your thoughts also I know he would never say anything and he is fine with pics of others in the house its just... I dont know does any one get where I am coming from?
  2. Known Once Upon a Time as ILoveMySPC!!!
    Known Once Upon a Time as ILoveMySPC!!!
    No way. I'm sure he knows and appreciates your love for you family, eventhough his isn't as loving right now. It's your house too.
    May today there be peace within. May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be..
    May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you....allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance and to bask in the sun. It is there for each and everyone of you.-- St. Teresa

3. TerrysAngel
    I would say if his parents are such a horrible subject he probably wouldnt want them up, but if he does he can certainly tell you. But i wouldnt think he would mind if you have pics of your family. Cant speak for others but just know thats how i would feel.
  4. Senior Member
    I think I understand what you are trying to say. I don't believe he would mind. Your parents and siblings and your family just like he is. I am sure he understands your relationship and it wouldn't bother him
  5. Senior Member
    hmm that's a tough one especially if for some unforseen reason they find themselves in your house and say they are on the mend and then you don't have any pics of them up it could cause problems, but then again it is your home and you want to see pics of things that make you happy when you see them and obviously they don't. UGH i just didn't help at all sorry. How about doing another collage of "family" with like one pic of them and put it in the spare restroom LOL. or in the collage frame you have just put a small pic of them from back when he did have a good memory of them, youknow like maybe when he was a kid.
    bye for now
    W~

"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love truly and forgive quickly." -unknown

[/url]
  6. FLORIDIAN
    FLORIDIAN
    DH isn't thrilled with his family, doesn't talk to most of them, so we only have pics of his brothers up in our house. He's very happy with it that way and understand I want pics of mine up.
    I don't think your DH would mind!

Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? / Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts /
    So it's fairly simple to cut right through the mess / And stop the muscle that makes us confess / And we are so fragile /
    And our cracking bones make noise / And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swrlygrl View Post
    hmm that's a tough one especially if for some unforseen reason they find themselves in your house and say they are on the mend and then you don't have any pics of them up it could cause problems, but then again it is your home and you want to see pics of things that make you happy when you see them and obviously they don't. UGH i just didn't help at all sorry. How about doing another collage of "family" with like one pic of them and put it in the spare restroom LOL. or in the collage frame you have just put a small pic of them from back when he did have a good memory of them, youknow like maybe when he was a kid.
    This TOTALLY made me laugh like out loud!

Thanks ladies for your thoughts I got to thinking about it more and I guess my whole thing is that I dont want to throw it in his face. Like that I love my family and his well...sucks...because he used to be super super close to them before we got married and then when we got married they went..well... off the deep end
  8. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    I'd say if you don't want to do it with the special picture frames, then have some general picture frames that his family is in. Have them ready and everything, and then allow him to make the choice whether to put them up or not.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thekels9 View Post
    I'd say if you don't want to do it with the special picture frames, then have some general picture frames that his family is in. Have them ready and everything, and then allow him to make the choice whether to put them up or not.

Thanks but we both know we dont want pics of his fam in the house I will puke if I have to look at them
  10. Senior Member
    Not a big deal at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast